Page 226 of 397 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3966

Thread: Post your best current shots

Here are a couple more of my favorites. Again, these are resaved jpegs after adding the logo and resizing so I don't know how good they will look here ...

Name:  b&g_4.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  170.2 KB
    Name:  b&g_2 watermarked.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  181.6 KB
    Name:  b&g_3.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  191.5 KB

I love them all so far
    you are a natural
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    I love them all so far
    you are a natural

Now, if only the b&g would give me some inkling as to their opinion! I know they have viewed them so I figured some are ok to post but I have not heard a word on what they think of any of them and it's driving me crazy!

Great shots Denise, they look wonderful!

I especially like the 2nd one.

On the 3rd shot, I would straighten out the water/horizon a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    Great shots Denise, they look wonderful!

I especially like the 2nd one.

On the 3rd shot, I would straighten out the water/horizon a little bit.
    Thanks, Richard! It's too late to change anything now that they have been viewed by the b&g unless they request it or I let them know I'm going to change things after they have already viewed them. But yes, I guess my creativity was a little much and I shouldn't have tilted the photos. Sad thing is, I did it to a number of them! I should have left well enough alone! I wanted to post in a seperate thread for opinions before letting them view them, but that didn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Thanks, Richard! It's too late to change anything now that they have been viewed by the b&g unless they request it or I let them know I'm going to change things after they have already viewed them. But yes, I guess my creativity was a little much and I shouldn't have tilted the photos. Sad thing is, I did it to a number of them! I should have left well enough alone! I wanted to post in a seperate thread for opinions before letting them view them, but that didn't seem right.
    After I posted this, I went to popphoto.com to read articles. Here's one on their front page ...

How To: Add Life to Portraits

Photographer Francesca Sara Cauli shares some ways to make fun people pix
    • By Peter Kolonia on October 9, 2012
    "Photographer Francesca Sara Cauli of Bologna, Italy, says that it’s easy to make fun, upbeat portraits: Just hang out with fun, upbeat people.We know that’s not always possible. Luckily, her por-trait of Alma Gitanna here exemplifies other techniques for energizing your people pictures. Here are a few:

• Tilt the camera to throw the horizon line off-kilter. This can add a serendipitous kick."

I don't feel quite so retarded now but maybe I went a tad too far!

Sure, I agree with the intentional tilting concept. However, it also has to do with the subject matter as well as the context of the pose (like a playful wedding pose).

As long as they like it that's all that really matters, however I don't think they would ever notice that, that's why I would point it out to them. Otherwise, it may look funny in a frame like that, and you could fix it in less than a minute if need be.

I'll also add that be careful not to cut off the bottom of the dress of you correct the horizon, as I'm not sure how much room you had before cropping.
    Last edited by Richard Lane; 10-14-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane View Post
    Sure, I agree with the intentional tilting concept. However, it also has to do with the subject matter as well as the context of the pose (like a playful wedding pose).

As long as they like it that's all that really matters, however I don't think they would ever notice that, that's why I would point it out to them. Otherwise, it may look funny in a frame like that, and you could fix it in less than a minute if need be.

I'll also add that be careful not to cut off the bottom of the dress of you correct the horizon, as I'm not sure how much room you had before cropping.
    Since I am an engineer/part time photographer, the engineer in me tends to shoot everything square and symmetrical. My wife has been pushing me out of my box, to tilt the camera on some shots. She and I both feel this shot of yours is great. I usually do poses like this where I do a shot or two square & symmetrical and a shot or two tilted. The B&G will pick the ones they like and often one like this is what they pick.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    Since I am an engineer/part time photographer, the engineer in me tends to shoot everything square and symmetrical. My wife has been pushing me out of my box, to tilt the camera on some shots. She and I both feel this shot of yours is great. I usually do poses like this where I do a shot or two square & symmetrical and a shot or two tilted. The B&G will pick the ones they like and often one like this is what they pick.
    Thanks, Mark (& your wife)! I did look back at the RAW's and this is the only shot on the lake that I tilted the original but I did 4 different pp choices, straight not being one of them. I can straighten it some in post without cutting off the dress or his head but then it looks like an unintentional goof!

I totally agree with the previous comments, these are terrific shots Denise. I am sure the B&G will think these are fantastic. You have well and truely met your brief anf supplied them with quality photos of their special day.

I hope they realise what a bargain they got by giving you your first paying gig. You do seem to have a knack for this and it will get easier on you.

Great work.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur