Page 261 of 397 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Nice pictures Steve. Definitely not the type of landscape I'm used to though.

Here's one from yesterday.

Pierre Avoi by Tounis_9, on Flickr
    Last edited by Tounis; 06-04-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Nice shots, Steve. Looks like Australia is getting all the rain that we're missing.

Pierre, I envy you for your stunning vistas. Every time I go to Europe I wonder if people there take their amazing scenery and ready access to the world's most historic places for granted. I'd love to live in Europe again. I often kick myself for having wasted time while I was living there and not getting out to see more.
    Mark - Flickr

Durham Cathedral Tower by Kickasskev81, on Flickr

Durham Cathedral Tower in the North East of England
    Last edited by wilding81; 02-17-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Pierre, I envy you for your stunning vistas. Every time I go to Europe I wonder if people there take their amazing scenery and ready access to the world's most historic places for granted. I'd love to live in Europe again. I often kick myself for having wasted time while I was living there and not getting out to see more.
    Thanks Mark.
    In terms of scenery, I think the USA (or Canada) residents shouldn't be envious. You've got some awesome natural parks, and I would really like to visit even some less known parts of America. The difference is maybe that in central Europe, people have always been living in the mountains, and it resulted in a lot of wonderful places to visit, with small villages in inaccessible places, leaving you wondering about how they did live there when life was a lot more difficult, and why they decided to settle there. As I said elsewhere, tourism changed a lot of things around here in the last 50 years.
    Do people realize how lucky they are with this exceptional environment ? People living in my region are really proud of their origins, and part of them have a special bond with nature, but others don't seem to mind. I realized how wonderful the region is when I started working in the less mountainous parts of Switzerland (some of them are beautiful too, by the way). I missed the mountains as soon as I left them.
    I've seen on your blog that you made a trip to Great Britain, with great pictures of Bath. It looks like you still have opportunities to make up for the time you wasted before. Don't worry too much though, I've been living in Europe since my birth, and if I had to count the time wasted, I'd be quite depressed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DQ0R3303_loweres.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	1707

Snow in Chapel Hill yesterday. Winterberry - Canon 1Dx, 300 2.8II @f2.8, 1/500, ISO800

Pierre, just awesome.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

A bit of a natural follow-up to the few maternity photos I posted a little while ago, below is my latest creation (both photographic and otherwise):

Andrew_002 by NFLD Stephen, on Flickr

Andrew_012 by NFLD Stephen, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.
    Stephen

Stephen,

Great work on both counts....congratulations!

Brant

Great images above (I really like Steve's cemetery and Tounis' mountainscape pictures especially). This is one of my go to spots that's a quick drive from my place. Anytime I have some free time and the sky looks remotely promising, I head out here for some therapeutic photographing.

[img]Three Oak Knoll in Silhouette by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]
    Last edited by erno james; 02-19-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Grandkids stopped by tonight so I have a few new photos to go through! Here is one of my grandson ...

My grandson, Caleb by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr