Page 263 of 397 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3969

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Tounis View Post
    I always thought they were very brave to do such a long travel with their cars several times a year, as many of them do.
    The Americans and Canadians here are scratching their collective heads.

Amsterdam to Lucerne - 8 hours

Chicago to Boston - 16 hours

Vancouver to Quebec City - 48 long hours

When Sarah and I were planning our UK trip, we were thinking we wouldn't have time to drive from London to the British west coast. I mean it was clear across the country. Then you look at the driving times and it's what we drive when we go to Indianapolis for the day to shop.

Awesome pics, though. I'd have to drive 3 days to get anywhere near mountains like that.
    Last edited by M_Six; 02-20-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    Mark - Flickr

Vancouver to Quebec now that would be a good drive.
    Brisbane to Perth is only 4350 kms about a 46 hour drive. A lot of desert to cross and doesn't interest me. But Canada. .....mmmm...
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

John, that shot is absolutely stunning!! That would make a beautiful huge print!

This is a photo of my granddaughter taken a couple days ago. I am still trying to figure out how to apply backgrounds in post and make it look natural! Takes practice I guess!

My granddaughter, EmmaLee by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Awww, that's sweet as, Denise. beautiful Portrait.
    Steve U

Here's a fun one of Bo Jangles hanging with his big brother.

[img]
    Hey tiger by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U

Not only a beautiful photo of Bo but that tiger photo is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Awww, that's sweet as, Denise. beautiful Portrait.
    Thank you, Steve! I've learned the only thing that works with her is bribery! I told her she could play with the doggies only if she let me take some quick photos of her first!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Not only a beautiful photo of Bo but that tiger photo is gorgeous!
    Thanks Denise I didn't feel like trying to fix or alter the flash reflection in the glass. No motivation.
    But the tiger is actually a pastel print of one of the tigers at Australia Zoo. It was one of a hundred that were done as a tribute to Steve Irwin. It hangs proudly in the office.
    Steve U

I was supposed to get out into the field this weekend, but I think the midwest ice storm will keep me at bay. Thus, I edited a photo from last fall (and yes, this is the proper orientation of the photo; note the eggs hanging from the ceiling of the cave):

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Lovely shot Denise!
    Steve I can't believe that is the same as the cute blue eyed cat from a year ago or so...
    Dustin, that looks really cool. Never knew they hang their eggs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tounis View Post
    It's funny that you are the one who says this. In fact, there's been a tradition of dutch tourists coming to this particular valley for many years now. A guy coming from the Netherlands fell in love with the place and opened an hotel at least 40 years ago. It created a special relationship with dutch tourists. I always thought they were very brave to do such a long travel with their cars several times a year, as many of them do.
    Well mechanics at my work sometimes drive back and forth in 2 days to Switzerland to do maintance on machines. It's actually about 10h drive from where I live, but never been even close to it. My girlfriend and I haven't decided our destination for this summer yet. We'll see where the weather will bring us.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    The Americans and Canadians here are scratching their collective heads.
    Scratch it again if you realize the gas price over here is twice as high And if you're unlcuky and drive only a little too fast and get flashed... you better not be in the Netherlands or in Switzerland