Page 30 of 397 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your currently shot pictures

Hottest day of the year so far here as well, but not quite into the 80's. It has brought this European Peacock butterfly out of hibernation.

1D Mark IV, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM @ f/4, 1/800s, ISO 200

I posted this dogwood leaf a couple of weeks ago in the macro thread, but it is now too big for a macro lens to capture. I like the way the colour of the wood matches the flowering currant in the background.

1D Mark IV, EF 135mm f/2L USM @ f/2.8, 1/1600s, ISO 200

The next two were taken just outside Aberdeen:

5D Mark II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II @ f/8, 1/500s, ISO 400 (shifted to keep the verticals upright and tilted to get all the daffodils in focus)

5D Mark II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM @f/11, 1/250s, ISO 200
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

Really good shots Alex, I was thinking about getting the 135mm, but have been taking similar shots with my 100mm macro and the IS really lends itself to portrait work and even landscape shots with a different perspective.

The colours and contrast on the second hut shot are very dynamic. And that puddle shot is great.

Steve

Thanks very much Steve, yours are very nice as well! It's fun to start getting out there again with the good weather on its way!

alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

@Alex, Great set! I especially love the 2nd B&W shot!

@Kingb, I love the eye contact on your 1st Frog shot!

Rich

I'm over in Minnesota, can't speak for the temperatures here because I just got back from St. Louis a few hours ago, but it got around 90 the other day, too hot for my taste, but I got a shot I am quite proud of...

Canon T1i, EF 24mm, f/2.8 lens, handheld. I knocked down the saturation and vibrancy just a tad, as well as darkening the top of the image a slight bit, but I still love this shot.

comalleyphotography.com

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4527.IMG_5F00_6083.jpg[/img]

Brian---great eye contact with the first.

Andy---I really like the last one. Botht he perspective and how it is lite from behind. That is just a beautiful picture.

Commally--Great perspective on the arches. I like it alot.

Great pics everyone!

Went to a mates house last night for a wine club thingo. This guy is a retired doctor and as well as wine and food he is into guns. So when we arrived at his place he had part of his collection laid out for us to look at. Some we were allowed to touch, others we could just look at. The Civil War part of the collection is valued at about $250000. They all looked nice, but the same to me. Apparantly it goes on rarity and condition, with one of the pistols having fancy engraving worth nearly $40000 according to a US dealer.

AnywayI liked the cowboy guns the best.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5314.Guns.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7457.Guns_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Were not allowed to touch this one without gloves.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2063.Guns_2900_2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Steve, Nice collection your mate has. Like you I am also partial to the two 45s (I think) in the middle of the second shot. The derringers are also pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob
    Bob

The Peacemaker and all the guns in the top and bottom pic, you don
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

Went to a mates house last night for a wine club thingo. This guy is a retired doctor and as well as wine and food he is into guns.

Steve

Steve, didn't your parents ever teach you that you shouldn't mix Alcohol with Guns! []

I used to belong to a "Ski Club" and my Father used to say, that it was really a "Drinking Club that had a Skiing Problem."

Cool Shots! (pun intended)

Rich

I love that lamp...