Page 306 of 397 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3970

Thread: Post your best current shots

Great polar bears!

This is humble in comparison, but I like it enough to share. Wind Point Lighthouse in Racine, WI.

2013_10_27_4459_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

Who knew the 400 f5.6 could be such a bokeh monster?

Mark - Flickr

Here is my friend Kaleb, I got a good shot of him while wandering about Boston with his new toy, the 5D3. Him and I are twins now.

An incredibly exciting moment ---- a very rare encounter with a wild wolf, in Banff National Park. I found out that this is the alpha female of the pack, and you can see that she is also wearing a GPS collar. I had about 15 seconds with this fantastic animal, and fired off 20 shots. This is my favourite.

Canon 1DX, 500 mm f/4 LII lens, 1/800 sec @ f/4, ISO 1250

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    An incredibly exciting moment ---- a very rare encounter with a wild wolf, in Banff National Park. I found out that this is the alpha female of the pack, and you can see that she is also wearing a GPS collar. I had about 15 seconds with this fantastic animal, and fired off 20 shots. This is my favourite.
    What an amazing animal, Jonathan. I'm glad you were able to see it, I'm sure it was a great moment. And of course, your picture is pretty much perfect, thanks for sharing.

Here's another picture of the "Cabane de l'A Neuve" that I showed you a few weeks ago, from another angle. I had to come from above to find a way through the snow.

Another view on the "Cabane de l'A Neuve" by Tounis_9, on Flickr

Thanks Pierre - We have a lot in common, living in the midst of great mountain scenery. I'm really impressed by the shots you share... keep them coming!

... keep them coming!
    +1

From the great bokeh in Mark and David's shots to the wolf, lighthouse and the Swiss Alps. Some great shots in this thread.

Thanks Pierre - We have a lot in common, living in the midst of great mountain scenery. I'm really impressed by the shots you share... keep them coming!
    Sorry for the late answer. As I think I already told you, every picture you post on this site reminds me of the trip we did with my family when I was 7. The main goal was Vancouver, but we eventually did a road trip to the Banff area. I still have a lot of great memories of this region, and you are indeed lucky to live there. There's so much to explore. Everything is a lot smaller here, but still, it would require more than one life to explore.

Jonathan- those 15 fleeting seconds with that beautiful wolf now last forever. Talk about getting the shot!
    Tounis- what a crisp cold day that looks heavenly in the high country
    JRW- YES please!

TITLE: WANTS AND NEEDS
    The 2014 Cayman...definitely a need.

I made it out to the San Francisco Intl Car Show yesterday after doing a quick online search on how to get a keeper or two (photo unfortunately, not sports car....yet)
    ----------------------------
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III
    Canon 17-40 f/4 L @ 32 mm
    0.02 sec (1/50)
    f/4.0
    ISO 2000
    B&W CPL rotated to minimize windshield reflections and to bring out that sinfully good red

Wants and Needs - SF International Auto Show by ernogy, on Flickr
    Last edited by erno james; 12-02-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Did not see a thread for Sunsets so i thought i would post a couple here from our recent holiday, have a few more but not got round to sorting them out yet, these are probably the better ones that i have gone through so far.

Shot hand held with the new 18-135 lens.