Page 330 of 397 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3965

Thread: Post your best current shots

I really like the last three shots on this page. And Bryan...very jealous. Manual Antonio is a great place, especially considering the Artic blast we are about to have.

With clear skies the last few nights, I kept telling myself I should get a moon shot. I probably waited a couple days too late. I think the lighting would have shown more detail a day or two ago, but:

small-4110 by kayaker72, on Flickr

5DIII Sigma 150-600S @ 600, 1/1000, f/8, ISO 400

Thanks for viewing,
    Brant

Brant and Mark, I like your moon shots. Something about not a completely full moon makes it that much cooler. Brant, what do you think of your Sigma? Going to keep it?

Great shots on the last page. I haven't viewed this thread in a while and am very impressed with what everyone is adding.

It has warmed slightly but still to cold to take the little guy with me for a photo outing. I stayed in an tried something I have been wanting to for some time. Oil in water.

"Two Suns"

Last edited by Jayson; 01-15-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen View Post
    Finally getting around to processing most of my shots from a recent (Aug/Sept) trip to Iceland and Switzerland. Here are a few from Iceland:

Stephen
    You should probably post some more. A little jealous here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tounis View Post
    It's been some time since my last post on this forum. A few days ago, it was still difficult to believe we were in Winter, but the snow (and the cold) finally came this weekend. I decided to go out tonight, as the sky was slowly becoming more clear.
    Here's a picture of a place that is quite close to my parents' chalet. The train took me by surprise, but I was just ready enough to take a picture anyway.
    Great timing catching the train! Now that it has warmed up a little, suit up and get out there. Miss your mountains!

Jayson....really interesting shot. Until I read the description it seemed more CGI than an actual image of something. Very abstract. I'll have to try that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Brant, what do you think of your Sigma? Going to keep it?
    I have been impressed with it so far. It is a good lens, potentially very good. I really like most of the images I have taken with it and the AF and bokeh are surprisingly good (especially for a f/6.3 max aperture lens). I've read every review I can find and haven't found a person that has had an issue with it optically with almost every reviewer labeling it as "Highly Recommended." There is some complaint about the size/weight. While this is a real differentiator, thus far it hasn't been much of an issue for me. More of something you have to take into account when packing and in shooting technique. I will say, I haven't yet taken those couple of shots with it that typically make me love a lens.

The next few weeks will be critical as to whether I think it meets my needs or not. Thus far my use has been limited to a 30 minute walk around a wildlife sanctuary and around the house. I am about to clear a project which will open up weekends in time for me to try it with eagles and snowy owls in February. I am also headed to Florida tomorrow on a work/play trip. I should get two solid outings out of that trip.

So, by the end of February, I should have shot with it a lot more and, hopefully, Bryan will have reviewed it so I can compare it to a number of other lens combinations.

We will see if I keep it long term, but it is good enough I think anyone interested in 600 mm with a limited budget should consider it.

Here are two recent, heavily cropped (~1/9th of the frame), shots with slightly lower resolution so I can upload them directly.

5DIII, 150-600S @ 600, 1/640, f/7.1, ISO 1600 (I need to get my better beamer set up)

Name:  small-4165.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  174.9 KB

Name:  small-4192.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  181.8 KB

Ah yea just some oil in water... WHAT!!! Oil in water!?!?!!?!? Geez, there are some really creative folks on this forum. Way cool.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Ah yea just some oil in water... WHAT!!! Oil in water!?!?!!?!? Geez, there are some really creative folks on this forum. Way cool.
    Thanks guys. It really was easy. I just placed an 11x17 casserole dish on an apple box I had for posing. Put some construction paper in the bottom of the box and put a couple drops of olive oil in the water. I used the light from the patio door and snapped away with a macro lens. Gave it a little pop in LR and there you go. Took 5 minutes to set up and maybe another 5 to photograph. Was a fun little project with the kiddo.

Brant, those photos look pretty crisp for 600mm. Your right, the boken does look pretty good. I was wondering how that would look at f/6.3 and it seems pretty good. I have been toying with trying the Tamron version and if it was as good as some say, putting my 300mm f/4 IS up for sale. I am always wanting more reach when I use it since it is hard to get close to anything with a 3 year old tagging along. Good to hear the good reviews so far. Can't wait to see what you have from the Florida trip.

"Two Suns"
    That is a really cool and unique shot. Thanks for taking the time. I hope you do not mind if I give it a try.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    That is a really cool and unique shot. Thanks for taking the time. I hope you do not mind if I give it a try.

Pat
    Yeah, shoot away. Something to do when trapped inside by the weather.

Yeah, shoot away. Something to do when trapped inside by the weather.
    That's what I was thinking.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr