Page 358 of 397 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Portugal & Colorado

I went on two trips recently, Portugal and Colorado. I've got a ton of pictures, but these are some of my favorites.

Portugal really gave me a chance to practice architecture photography. I've finally learned the lesson that I should keep the camera level unless I really want converging lines. I've given up on perspective correction software. The images never look right for anything other than very minor corrections.

Alcobaca Monastery

Batalha Monastery

Beach in southern Portugal (Praia de Benagil)

Porto, Portugal

I timed my Colorado trip with the Aspens turning. Maroon Bells was my #1 priority for the trip. I got lucky with the light snow that fell the day before I arrived in Aspen. I followed the advice I got on here and elsewhere and showed up at 4 AM. By sunrise, there wasn't an open spot on Maroon lake. Unfortunately I was sick on my CO trip, so my photo yield wasn't as high as usual. I probably spent 2-3x more time sleeping than I usually do on vacation.

Maroon Bells

Independence Pass

Jason

Some really nice work there....great set.

Jason - Great set! Maroon Bells looks like a terrific place for photos --- I can see why it attracts the crowds. Nice job capturing the pre-dawn scene --- I presume this is all illuminated by moonlight?

Meanwhile I found your website and thought I'd share it here for others. Terrific portfolio!
    http://www.terrestrial.photography/

I've always loved water droplets. I noticed this on my moonroof Saturday morning after coming out of a breakfast place...

Small-8504 by kayaker72, on Flickr

I agree w/ Jonathan - Jason, you been holding back man - these are great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Jason - Great set! Maroon Bells looks like a terrific place for photos --- I can see why it attracts the crowds. Nice job capturing the pre-dawn scene --- I presume this is all illuminated by moonlight?

Meanwhile I found your website and thought I'd share it here for others. Terrific portfolio!
    http://www.terrestrial.photography/
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I've always loved water droplets. I noticed this on my moonroof Saturday morning after coming out of a breakfast place...
    Art is all around us - so why am I not shooting more..... Thanks for the whack in the back of the head.

Mike
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Baltimore Inner Harbor

I also really enjoyed the portfolio on Jason's website. More inspiration to try to improve my skills.

Here are a few shots from a recent meeting in Baltimore. For the wide angle of the Harbor, I learned that the slow pitch of the water taxi is not well stabilized by the lens IS, even with a good performer like the Canon 16-35 F/4. However PSE 15 has a "shake" correction that was helpful.

Harbor View by Danny Watson, on Flickr

HarborPlace by Danny Watson, on Flickr

Harbor Lights by Danny Watson, on Flickr

I am still going through photos from my Alaska Trip in July. Here are a few:

Small-5048 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Small-5311 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

I've recently gotten on the Peter Hurley headshots bandwagon: well-lit, tightly-cropped heads on clean backgrounds (I perhaps break the clean background rule ever so slightly) with great expressions that typically exude confidence & approachability. Here's a pair of favorites from a recent session:

Hannah:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KCamera-Studio-305.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	2600

Alaska:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KCamera-Studio-310.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	2601

Both taken with Canon 5DsR and 70-200/4 non-IS lens. Lighting is a Profoto D4 1200 Air pack, driving (in this case) three heads: the main "key" light is a 1x3 strip softbox (Plume Wafer Strip 100) oriented vertically, on camera left; the second "high fill" is another Plume Wafer Strip 100 oriented diagonally from high camera left to lower camera right; the third "low fill" is a Profoto RFi 1x3 strip softbox, oriented about horizontally underneath the lens. Background is a 4x8 piece of duvetyne (theatrical fabric for curtains and such), lit from camera left using a Profoto B2 pack/head with a 20-degree grid, with a square of Rosco 99 "Chocolate Brown" gel in one if not both shots.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

The view from my front porch the other day:

Small-9514 by kayaker72, on Flickr