Page 364 of 397 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    As for colors, the same is true here in New England. I did a drive through Vermont last week and my camera didn't even leave its bag. Most I saw were very muted with a brownish tint or still green. Its a bit freakish and may end up being a bad year for colors. We'll see, but in past years where things have been delayed have not been good.

I am headed out again tomorrow, so we'll see.
    ....and White Mtns are peak with very good colors. Tomorrow, weather permitting, would be a great time for anyone in New England should consider a drive up. I fly out tomorrow so today was it for this weekend.

Quick example from today:

Name:  Small-8287.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  178.6 KB
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-07-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Tree Silhouettes

Amazing sunset in Iowa yesterday! It was overcast most of the evening, then a gap in the low clouds opened up right as the sun hit the horizon, illuminating the underside of the higher-altitude clouds above. These small trees in my neighborhood were the only thing remotely interesting I could find given the limited time available. I was sitting on the grass shooting upwards to avoid the houses, street lights, signs, and other unattractive clutter in a Midwestern neighborhood.

This was my first time using my new 24-70mm F4L IS. I've been missing a general purpose zoom from my kit ever since I moved to a full-frame camera. It's nice to have a lens ready for spontaneous scenarios such as this.

Jason

Quiet Day at Harbor Springs

Usually the water is disturbed by wind or by boats, but this was after the main boating season.

Quiet day at Harbor Springs
    by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Red and Green

Happy Holidays to all the great colleagues on this forum!

Poinsettia by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by C4RBON View Post

Marquette Harbor Lighthouse, Marquette, MI

I heard about this location from a local photographer the previous day. I woke up extra early to make the hour drive to Marquette. The sunrise was spectacular! I wish I had scouted the location previously though, because it was hard to find a great composition. I was literally running around in the sand with my camera and tripod trying to find the best composition. This shot was taken from a lifeguard tower. 35mm from my 16-35mm F4L. Two exposures manually combined in Photoshop.
    This is too funny. I think we met when you took this. I was there the same morning, and later talked to you at bond falls. Small world.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Sunset Rijssen by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

The clouds looked promising so I grabbed the bicycle to take some photos last Saturday. It's a HDR photo, I might have oversaturated a little now that I have a second good look. Ah well, it's better than the depressing wet and cold real life version

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Ah well, it's better than the depressing wet and cold real life version
    That made me laugh.

Nicely done, and I, personally, do not have an issue with enhanced reality pics that make them seem better than it may have been.

A few from a recent trip to Idaho.

6S0A0503 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Name:  Small-0383.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  173.3 KB

This years 2 of my favorites

This one is just one dream come true. Nordkapp, me and northern lights.

Nordkapp and I by Kari, on Flickr

And from the same trip picture that really like. So well show's how awesome the northern lights where up north.

norkdkapplights by Kari, on Flickr

Beautiful!