Page 371 of 397 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    This is another shot at Mt Rundle I liked. Shot while waiting for sunrise....
    6S0A0087 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant
    Nice! I like the panorama crop as well.

More travels for me --- this time to fantastic Botswana and Zimbabwe. We spent a quick 3 weeks at 4 different safari camps, getting a delightful taste of the scenery, wildlife, and culture. The weather was hot and dry, which makes this a good time of year to go since the animals congregate at the few watering holes. I brought two full-frame bodies, and my 500 f/4, 100-400, 24-70, and 14 mm prime. I used polarizers on both the 500 and 100-400 outside of the golden hours, and they helped a lot. It is definitely a target-rich environment, which meant you could exercise some creativity and get some unique wildlife shots. Here is a sampling... more on my website.

"The Eye"

Lilac-Breasted Roller

Painted Dogs (it was my dream goal to see these!)

Ridiculously clear skies

Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Ridiculously clear skies
    Ridiculously good pictures too ! Thanks for sharing Jonathan.

I didn't travel to a spectacular country but I took a few days off in the Swiss Alps. Only a few miles away from home, yet more than enough to visit some places I didn't know.

Lac de Combavert by Pierre, on Flickr

Great shots guys.....

Jonathan....those are cool looking dogs....big ears...smallish bodies....wow.....

Pierre...where's the snow!!! Great landscape....

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Pierre...where's the snow!!! Great landscape....
    Thanks ! Well, considering there have been at most two rainy days here since I came back from Bolivia in early August, snow was quite difficult to find last week. Yet it came back today in the mountains and should come close to the bottom of the valleys tomorrow. I'm afraid I won't have much time to take pictures this week though.

US Grand Prix

I went to the US Grand Prix (Formula 1 race) in Austin a few weeks ago. I had never been before, so I didn't really know what to expect from a photography point of view. I have to say... the photo opportunities aren't that great. That being said, I did get some shots I really like:

These are all taken with my 5DS and 70-300L.

Jason

Tree of Life

Just catching up on the forum again after some travel. Photography was not the main thrust of the trip, so I went "light" with gear.

This snap was before the tragic shootings at a US synagogue with the same name as this Budapest memorial to the Holocaust.
    Tree of Life by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by C4RBON View Post
    I went to the US Grand Prix (Formula 1 race) in Austin a few weeks ago. I had never been before, so I didn't really know what to expect from a photography point of view. I have to say... the photo opportunities aren't that great.
    These are all taken with my 5DS and 70-300L.
    Despite that, you got some good shots. I particularly like the third....

Quote Originally Posted by Minerve101 View Post

This snap was before the tragic shootings at a US synagogue with the same name as this Budapest memorial to the Holocaust.
    A nice tribute

Nice shots Carbon! Like the coloring and composition of the first one...and the sparks in the third is pretty cool too.

Like the shot of the "Tree of Life" Danny! My parents were there this past summer, and judging from their snapshots I'm not sure how you managed to get this one without a lot of people in the frame. Well done!

Stephen

Thanks, Stephen.

It was Saturday afternoon, so all of us tourists were outside a fence. Still needed to wait for a tour group to move past. Then there were a few minutes when just my wife and I looking at the memorial. The brief quiet certainly made it more impactful.

I see lots of good work appeared on the forum in the past few weeks!

Danny