Page 373 of 397 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

We have already had a couple significant snow falls here in New Hampshire. The morning after one, we also had a great sunrise. The pic I posted in the weekly competition was taken right out my front door. Then, after having a pretty mediocre fall foliage season, I finally got to see good color on a tree....

In Explore: 6S0A0195 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Vienna sights

A couple of shots I liked from Vienna that were not already on postcards.

Kohlmarkt street
    by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Butterfly House
    by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

I just got back from an organized photo tour in Costa Rica, and I have to say it was a lot of fun. The birding is phenomenal and you can also try your luck with macro shots of frogs, bugs, and snakes. If you are looking to up your library of BOAS (birds on a stick), this is the place to do it. Here are some samples... feel free to let me know if you have any questions about going there.

Keel-billed Toucan

White-necked Jacobin Hummingbird
    (multi-flash setup)

Red-eyed Tree Frog
    (180 mm macro, ring flash)

Eyelash viper
    (180 mm macro, ring flash)

Red-legged Honeycreeper

I bought a flash bracket and beamer for my 500 mm lens, but ended up taking most of the shots without flash. However if the background was overly bright, then the flash worked very well at improving the exposure on the birds.

Thanks for viewing!

Awesome stuff Jonathan!

Personally, I would have used a supertele with a couple extenders for the viper....but that is just me....

I took a few days off in one of the nicest medieval city in Switzerland, Fribourg. For me it was an opportunity to use my M50. Certainly nicer to carry around than the 6D, since I didn't have any real photographic ambitions for the trip.

Fribourg by Pierre, on Flickr

I'm back from a fun bear-viewing trip to Alaska, my second trip to this fabulous part of the world. This time we were in Katmai Park (last time was Lake Clark). As always there is no shortage of bears, and the backdrops are utterly incredible too. A major highlight was catching a glimpse of an elusive coastal wolf --- something I've desperately wanted to see. The viewing season starts in June and goes right through to September. We chose early season for the more quiet experience with fewer groups around. It's great having an enormous bay to just your group and the bears. What's unique about Alaska is you view the bears on foot. And what a huge difference that makes for photography. You have much more flexibility to compose your shot the way you like, and of course there is the sheer exhilaration of having nothing between you and these magnificent animals. But don't worry --- they completely ignore you as they focus on munching as much sedge grass as they can. There are many options for accommodations, and we stayed on a boat that we transferred to by float plane from Homer. To get ashore you need waders, since the bays are quite shallow. For camera gear, I brought my 500 mm and 100-400 lenses, but I think an even better choice would be the 200-400 1.4 TC (if I owned it), plus a 70-200. Some of my favourite shots are the wide-angle views when the bears happen to wander very close. Let me know if you have any questions about going there, and meanwhile here are some of the 13,000 shots I grabbed in the week:

Out for a stroll

Junior Playfight

On the Prowl

Majestic Alaska

Kukak Bay

Coastal Wolf

Thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by Jonathan Huyer; 06-17-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Epic shots Jonathan....looks like a great trip

Really exciting shots from Alaska. Also from Costa Rica, which I'v enjoyed without commenting until now. Thanks for sharing the adventures.

A few shots I took waiting for the fireworks to start:

6S0A6136 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A6159 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Been awhile since I've posted anything. Here are a few shots from a family trip to San Francisco last April. All pretty much standard tourist shots, but I had fun getting them myself anyway.

Golden Gate by Stephen, on Flickr

San Francisco by Stephen, on Flickr

San Francisco by Stephen, on Flickr

Painted Ladies by Stephen, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!
    - Stephen