Page 378 of 397 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    Great series Brant! My favorite is the last one from ”Kindstugatan” (https://www.google.com/maps/@59.3243...2!8i6656?hl=sv).
    Even if I live in the southern parts of Sweden it’s not really near Stockholm (I live roughly a 4 hour drive south of Stockholm), but if the opportunity arises it would be great to meet you IRL. Good luck with your Stockholm project!

/Claes
    Thanks Claes. Glad you liked the set. And it looks like you found within a meter or two of where I set up. Beautiful walking around old town. All over Stockholm, I was really impressed with the Christmas decorations.

Ice sculptures at Lake Louise. Fantastic to see and fun to photograph! I like waiting until dusk, as it really makes for the best images.

This one had the best placement, so it was pretty easy to get a nice shot.

The spotlights were rather prominent in this scene so I just incorporated them into the shot.

I liked this sculpture a lot but I had to photograph it on an angle to get a clean background.
    Last edited by Jonathan Huyer; 01-22-2020 at 02:15 AM.

I have just retired! Distance runners need a good "kick" at the end, and there was some extra work involved in wrapping things up. Now I expect to have more time for photography.

We took a quick trip to Key West in celebration. I took the 5DIV with only the 40mm pancake, since emphasis was on snapshot memories rather than creativity. It was great to carry. On other trips I think I will find a way to have more variety of focal lengths, however.

Southernmost point buoy by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

I have now started to use full Photoshop CC and LR in place of Photoshop Elements. Photoshop seemed the only way to get this marker without tourists in the frame!

The prints at the Audubon House certainly brought to mind all the great posts of birds on this forum.

Audubon print by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Later this guy was close enough for the 40 mm lens.

Sunset Pelican by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

We also enjoyed a hike through the state park on Windley Key.

Windley Key Park by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Minerve101 View Post
    I have just retired!
    Hey hey....Congratulation Danny!!!

That is great. I have to admit, being able to do great things and not being limited to vacation time and weekends. This is appealing to me more and more.

Enjoy and what a good spot to celebrate!

Yes .... congrats, enjoy your free time to the max. I also am thinking about retirement more and more these days. I am probably 1-2 years out if I can wait that long

Thanks for your good wishes.

It's time for another trip report! This time, Point Reyes National Seashore, California. This little gem of a park is a terrific spot for wildlife photography, especially if you are looking for a bobcat. These elusive and skittish animals are fairly common in the park, but you need an eagle eye and a lot of patience to grab a photo. To improve the odds, we hired a local guide Daniel Dietrich https://www.pointreyessafaris.com/, who is absolutely excellent and also employs the finest ethics in his work which is very important to me. We spent 3 days with Daniel and then another 3 on our own. Besides the bobcats, you can find Tule Elk (a species endemic to the area), coyotes, fox, elephant seals (Jan - Mar), and a host of birds including burrowing owls and great horned owls. I had a terrific time and I will certainly be back! Here are some examples of the photos I got (all taken with my "old" 1DX Mark II, since the new camera only arrived after I got back).

Bobcat hunting

Elephant seal lounging on the beach

Burrowing Owl

Local shipwreck, with some light painting (we always go out for a night shot on our photo trips, it's tradition!)

Northern Harrier (male)

Tule Elk at dawn --- this could be my favourite photo of the trip

Not shown here are river otters. We tried 3 times to get shots of them at a favourite spot of theirs, but they did not get the memo and weren't as cooperative as we hoped. More reason to come back. There is something to see in the park year-round, so there's really no "bad" time to go. However I was quite happy with early February, because the grass is shorter, the elephant seals are on the beach, and the elk still have their antlers. If you have any questions about the area, please let me know!

Thanks for viewing -

Was with Brant back in January..... pretty sure there was a woman was the topic of the debate.

When Grace Becomes Violence by mbarrett5076, on Flickr
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

The bobcat, seal and herons all strike me as great examples of times the right still is better than any video.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerve101 View Post
    The bobcat, seal and herons all strike me as great examples of times the right still is better than any video.
    Yes I think I will always be a fan of still images! Some of my favourite wildlife shots have been in the midst of a frenzy of action. Sometimes I do grab a quick video to capture a bit of the surrounding scene, which is useful for my slide show presentations.