Page 4 of 397 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your currently shot pictures

Denise, I know this was handheld, but if you had your tripod handy, they live view focus will still focus anything up to f/11 I believe. I use that when I use my stacked tc if I am having trouble with manual focusing. Great shot however. Lots of detail.

Here are a couple of daisy shots with the 100mm macro and all 3 extension tubes.

I went out today to watch some friends go dogsledding, not too far from Canmore Alberta

Canon 1D3, 70-200 f/2.8 lens, 1/400 sec @ f/4, ISO 400
    [img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4401._5F00_M3_5F00_4730.JPG[/img]

Keep the dog theme going, little bit hotter in Queensland at 35 Celcuis.

Went to a fundraiser for the RSPCA ( cruelty prevention) and took some snaps of the puppies. First off a display of the RAAF defence dogs trained to hold and detain.

And something a little bit sweeter, an agility trained poodle. I wish i had something this smart to sit next to when I was in school.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Those are great Steve. This is why I really love this forum... people from right across the globe showing photos in the same place. (Sorry, I'm just having one of those emotional "isn't the Internet terrific" moments). []

Thanks Jonathan, I know what you mean, but I think it might be a little bit site specific and this site is one of the more positive, encouraging and educationalplaces to visit.

I'd like to add a breed of dog that would be more suited to your conditions, I have acouple of the noble Japanese Akita from yesterday. I am a little bit biased about this breed as I used to own them a few years ago. They are one of the most handsome adult breeds and simply gorgeous puppies. They have a strong tendancy to guard and present a formidable obstacle for the stranger to pass. They do tend to be a one person dog, but are very affectionate and loyal to the family and friends. The male dogs especially have a sense of humor and take a while to mature and love a good play and boofy wrestle. My last male was a beautiful 130 pound lap dog. But he would only jump on you to say hello, then would position himself near you, not out of sight but perhaps between you and the door. Watchful and devoted. The movie Hachiko with Richard Geer pretty well sums up the Akita.

This very handsome dog is a nearly 8 month old pup and nice example of the breed. He was suffering a little bit in the heat yesterday.

Thanks for viewing and taking the time to paw[] through the waffle associated with this post.

Steve
    Steve U

Beautiful doggie pictures above!!!!

Not too much picture taking for me lately & this is not the best but it goes with how I feel ...sicker than a dog! [+o(]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/480x320/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-37-26/IMG_5F00_5262_5F005F00_1.jpg[/img]

Wonderful macro work of the flowers and gotta love those dog pix! Check out these fine legs! Shot from my porch last nite.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x427/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2308.5459946605_5F00_61df8395d1_5F00_b.jpg[/img]

nice shots everyone!, Erno, like this shot, great color and reflction, great idea!

my picture shows that I was on the way(almost got there, may be 30 seconds more driving) to shoot birds this morning as you can tell I was kind late[]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7433.IMG_5F00_2461.jpg[/img]

and the bird picture I got today

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1768.IMG_5F00_2539.jpg[/img]

I should have removed some branches but just no time.

thanks for viewing!

Poor Denise, get well soon.

Hey JJ, I love the light on the big bird and nice scene, even if it slopes a bit.

Erno that white must have a bit of alcohol to leave legs like that, or is it one of those luscious viogniers?
    Steve U