Page 44 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

@ Gregg, the last one is the best yet I think, the pimp crow is coming to town.

The train shot, I would say 50mm f1.2 1/30sec ISO1600.

I could see a market for your animal bended shots for vets or pet food before and after shots.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Hey Steve...that was pretty close!! I know the picture doesn't have Exif data...so how did you do it?? It was taken with the 50 1.2L, at ISO 800 and 1/30th@ f2.2...not bad!!

Here is the original file...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8105.Crazy-train.org.jpg[/img]

Elementary, my dear Gregg, elementary. It looked thin DOF, I know you have a 50/1.2, so I guessed the rest.

Ha, ha.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Not my best shot, with the sun coming at mebut I still liked this action shot. I hope it's ok to still post in this thread..

Wow, Nice catch DD and you have some great looking birds in your backyard---What are these guys called?

All I have is the run of the mill sparrows, finches doves and of course 3 kinds of hummers.

Bob
    Bob

Thanks, Bob! These are baltimore orioles and it is the first year of attracting them to my backyard! Timing is everything in getting the food out when the arrive to the area, I guess. These guys love grape jelly and oranges!

Wow DD, the sharpness of that first shot is quite stunning.

I'm back with a few more rugby photos, this time from our Women's Team.

All shot with the Canon T1i with the 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/500x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7455.IMG_5F00_8308.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6076.IMG_5F00_8386.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2768.IMG_5F00_8389.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7181.IMG_5F00_8434.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5531.IMG_5F00_8503.jpg[/img]

Check out comalleyphotography.com for more.

Thanks for viewing!

- Chris

Thanks, Chris! You really have some nice action shots here!

Still processing a lot of shots from yesterday but I thought this one was rather cute ...

Here's a few more ...

Chris,

Nice action shots! I like the low shooting. Some of them are a little soft and underexposed and the weather doesn't look like it was cooperating to much either. Crop tighter and watch your horizons. Push the ISO and shutter speeds up a little, since a nosier picture is better than a soft one. There are some great programs to remove noise later, if that becomes a problem.

On #2 I would try to crop a little bit of the foreground grass (I would leave the white line though, and a little bit from the left side to remove the girl in the white jersey that is partially cut off. I may even go up to the girl in the blue jersey 9 on the left and this will also remove the tallest light pole, but I like the girl with her hand on her hip, because she seems to be the only one paying any attention, but if you want to isolate the kicker then she may have to be removed.) So.., see what looks better.

I would crop #3 much tighter, try to crop down to the top of the guys head in the background in the peach shirt, and crop out the 2 girls on the left and crop out some foreground grass. Watch your horizons too, as the girl with the ball looks like she is running uphill, however the fence looks fairly straight. Therefore, try and straighten after you crop.

I'm not familiar with Rugby, so I was wondering why there are so many different colored jerseys on the field at the same time. Is this a practice or is there a reason for this.

I hope you don't mind the suggestions,

Rich