Page 8 of 397 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your currently shot pictures

Bill,

LOL!!! Really, I did, I think I scared someone in the office next to mine....[] Deer Island on the Merrimack has been great. It is my first year, so maybe I am just getting lucky, but it has been a lot of fun. I have a bunch of that same juvenile with the roughed up wing (GREAT PIC BTW). Actually, I may have a pic of when he got roughed up.

Really, you are killing me with those photos. Really great!Are you using a 500 mm or 600 mm lens??? You have amazing detail in those photos.

Ok, since I am posting again, another picture [:P]:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-46-64-Birds/Eagle-103.JPG[/img]

Brant

Brant;

I just acquired the 500 f4 IS a few weeks ago....and it's really been an exceptional winter for spotting ABEs. The only issues are; they're staying too close to the east bank (too far) and not a lot of visibility by the adults.

But the variety of the other birds and their willingness to pose is making up for the ABEs reluctance to cooperate.

Common (female) merganser running on water;

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5344.running-merganser.jpg[/img]

Welcome back, Bill! Your photos are awesome and definitely an inspiration for what I

As a native Californian, I can't believe I've never been here until this week. This is Natural Bridges State Park in Santa Cruz.

7D, 10-22mm at 21 mm, f/29, 0.3 sec, ISO 100, EV -2/3, and one nearly tipped over tripod!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x411/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1817.naturalBridges.jpg[/img]

Nice scene Erno, like the colors.

I thought you might appreciate these, five of us got together yesterday for a long lunch.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7411.Burgundy-lunch_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

We then adjourned back to one blokes house for a top up and he had a pretty good cellar going years back so he put on a Rhone evening for us.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/750x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3301.Rhone-day_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Bit of a fuzzy head this morning, no complaints though.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Beautiful photo, erno! I

thanks for the kind remarks. Denise, California has its wonderful scenery, but about 75 miles north of Santa Cruz is San Francisco, where SNOW is forecast for this Saturday! Have you considered a photo vacation to the Southwest US Deserts? There are so many incredible places to shoot in a fairly small radius. Utah and Northern Arizona offer at least a week

Every now and then you have to take one for the team Erno. Generous friends are a blessing and it was an extended session not every bottle was emptied. I was still taking photos at the end.

I got some dusty all reds left and plenty of room, because it would be an expensive cab ride home from my place for you guys.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thank you Denise....hope you get some more "adult" ABEs.

Brant and I have enough juvies in our collections.

Been bored a bit lately, yet experiencing an abundance of pent-up photographic energy.