Page 86 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

John

I have to say, your corrected version with the TS-E 24mm sure looks better than the pic that wikipedia has on the website link you provided.

Denise, are you sure you don

Thanks, Jayson! I

If I only had a wider lens or a ff camera

John - That shot is absolutely beautiful! I took some shots today of old buildings around town and the entire time I was thinking about this shot of yours and how I wish I still had my T/S!

We went for a drive along the Highwood Pass in Alberta, which is the highest paved road in Canada (2200 m elevation). Plenty of snow to be found along the way! This is Elbow Lake, accessed via a short steep hike from the parking lot.

Canon 5D2, 24-70 f/2.8 lens, 4 shot HDR at f/16, Singh-Ray Gold & Blue Polarizer

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8053.IMG_5F00_7533_5F00_4_5F00_5_5F00_6.JPG[/img]

That is sweet, very pretty Jon.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Haven't spent a lot of time with the camera lately. Spring has sprung here in Brsibane and my other hobby, bonsai, needs a fair bit of attention in spring. So I have been repotting trees and trimming and fertilizing. Very hectic. I have about 4 benches of bonsais with about 20 on each bench, ranging from 4 inches high to 36 inches. Plus a heap still in plastic pots. There are figs, maples, junipers, Chinese elms, bougainvilleas and pines and I try and keep azaleas alive. Here are a couple of shots, excuse how bright it is, early morning and a lazy photographer.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6281.Bonsais_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6886.Bonsais_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

And just playing around with 1.4 on the Zeiss, to try and create a bit of 3D.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5621.Bonsais_5F00_3.jpg[/img]

This is an old bougainvillea that I dug up from a carpark, to try and save it and turn it into a bonsai. So far it lives and flowers, we'll just have to see what happens. This tree is about 2.5 feet tall and 3 inches thick at the base. It had been just surviving for quite a few years in the carpark and when I dug it up there weren't many roots at all, so now I have to just wait and try not to shock it with too much kindness.

Thanks for viewing,

Steve

Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Wow, you're a bonsai and a camera nut like me too?

My collection got whittled down a bit after 3 years of being in europe, my parents took care of what they could for me but still lost a lot, managed to repot a lot of them in august, even then it was too late for some deciduous one that had already burst buds, and a lot were just too pot-bound to do much with. Still, with half what i had a few years ago i've got 2-3 pallets' worth.

And my favourite one was a juniper i picked up from the Woolworths carpark (i grabbed it with the car door open, my gf floored it, just ripped it out and drove off), it'd been run over a few too many times, had a nice gnarled bark with driftwood all over it. Sucks that i killed it before i even left for europe, but i just gotta move on and find a new plant for the pot...

edit: now i managed to find an old P&S photo of it when i first got him, makes me feel even worse that it didn't survive.

Poor Wooly. I never even pruned him, this is how he was growing in the carpark.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2555.s2400008s.jpg[/img]

Hope you have better luck with the bougainvillea, it looks amazing so far, love the flowers too...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos