Page 172 of 397 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3965

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Always good to see what others have been up to. Some great shots in there as always. Thought I'd share one from the weekend away.

Attachment 1175
    Wow! It's like an oil based painting. HDR, or just a good, long shutter?

Great to see an Aussie shepherd in another country Dave. They're a great dog, we had one for many years and he was a legendary musterer out on our cattle station. I now have two border collies (one black and white, one chocolate) and they're absolutely ball crazy. If there's a ball within 2km they know about it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    Second, I can see what you mean. The OOF areas get a bit distorted even with fast shutter speeds.
    Not just the OOF areas. The grass under her feet is blurred too, but as you can see, she's pretty sharp. It's like those car racing panning shots, where everything is blurry, except the car... Except at higher panning and shutter speed because of a much shorter lens.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Great to see an Aussie shepherd in another country Dave. They're a great dog, we had one for many years and he was a legendary musterer out on our cattle station.
    Zuni doesn't care about sheep much. She chased some for about 90 seconds (you'll find a few shots on flickr, from a couple months ago), then decided she'd had enough when the sheep handler person put a pole in her way, and the experienced dog in the ring growled at her at the same time. We tried it again a few weeks later, but she just wasn't interested at all. She's not yet 2. Maybe she'll grow into it.

She is most definitely ball crazy. The ball beats tug toys, and even food.

A few more from the outdoors today. My kids are having a blast catching frogs at our appropriately named "Frog Pond." Poor frogs.

EDIT: SmugMug is acting wonky tonight, so the photos may or may not display.

Last edited by thekingb; 06-18-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    Wow! It's like an oil based painting. HDR, or just a good, long shutter?
    Not an HDR. Around a 1 second exposure on a cloudy sunset so I could get the framing effect as it rolls into darkness.

Nice shots Brian, I like how the little bloke is keeping an eye on that frog.
    Beautiful harbour scene JRW. After you have uploaded your image, before you hit the "post reply" button, you can double click on your image and select whatever size you would like the image to be seen at, either small, medium or large.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Very nice shots, Brian! What did you use to shoot those?

Thanks Steve!

@Denise- Thanks! I used the 7D and EF 70-300L. The dragonflies let me get really close.

2012 Lupine Festival @ Sugar Hill, NH.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Photog82 View Post
    2012 Lupine Festival @ Sugar Hill, NH.
    This is beautiful!