Page 1 of 302 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post your best current shots

instead of post pictures in "what did you shoot ......." I think we may need a thread like this so we don't have to start a new thread every week. no time limit, as long as you think it's current and you can always start a new thread if needed or post your pictures to those "post your best...." threads. so I go first.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5353.IMG_5F00_9871.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4064.IMG_5F00_3123.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6471.IMG_5F00_9933.jpg[/img]

all took with my 7D and 700mm 5.6, as you can see the last picture without any cropping, that's the time I wish I had a zoom lens.

thanks for viewing

Re: Post your currently shot pictures

Good idea, JJ!

Here's a couple from this morning ..

and from yesterday ...

Sorry so many ...being so excited to get out of the house and actually able to take pictures, I just couldn' t decide which ones to post!

Denise

JJ

The last two would be great in the post your best bird shots thread.

The last picture (Ibis I think) has a little to warm white balance, try to make it more neutral.

Keep up the good work,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Sorry so many ...being so excited to get out of the house and actually able to take pictures, I just couldn' t decide which ones to post!

we know how much you are addicted to it, Denise, those are great shots!, I like each of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    The last picture (Ibis I think) has a little to warm white balance, try to make it more neutral.

you are right John, it's a ibis, and yes you caught me, I did adjusted the white balance to made it a little warm. your comment is really appreciated!

Good idea JJ, maybe you could edit the title to "Post your best current shots" that way it falls into line with the rest of the "Post your best subjects" in Show and Tell.

One from me last night was overlooking the Brisbane Story bridge in a "blue hour, dusk workshop"

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/950x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7673.City-Lights.jpg[/img]

@21mm F8.0 ISO100 25sec.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

great night shot, Steve, and I have changed the title of this thread, thanks!

A big Eagle at the lake at Sunset

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/]

Re: Post your best current shots

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have followed TDP and the forum for about two years. Actually the reviews and the forum discussions have contributed significantly to my purchasing decisions.
    As an enthusiast rather than a professional photographer, my time with the camera is more or less limited to a couple of hours during the weekend. These are some shots from the last two weekends showing that the winter is still going strong. All photos are taken with 24-105 f/4 L on Rebel T1i at ISO100 and f/8.

Big blocks of ice thrown ashore by a recent storm (24mm -1/250 sec)
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3364.IMG_5F00_6065_5F00_LR_5F00_Sh.JPG[/img]

A heavily overcast sky and snow in the air. But the sun found a small crack in the clouds (55mm - 1/320 sec)
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3566.IMG_5F00_6073_5F00_LR_5F00_Sh.JPG[/img]

Some brave swimmers found a spot not covered by ice (24mm - 1/160 sec)
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0284.IMG_5F00_6086_5F00_LR_5F00_Sh.JPG[/img]

But no one will be swimming here for a while (45 mm - 1/30 sec)
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0755.IMG_5F00_6437_5F00_LR_5F00_LR_5F00_Sh.JPG[/img]

Thanks for viewing!

Re: Post your best current shots

Welcome to the forum, nice shots and good comments. I
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur