Page 363 of 397 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Here's my latest:

West Quoddy Lighthouse, in Lubec - the eastern most town in the US

MDI Star Point, the sun lines about twice a year during it's descent.
    --

Back from a trip to the Rockies. (That's where I discovered that National Park Lodging generally does not have any Wifi to login and do judging duties!)

Lots of cloudy weather, but then again it made for a few shots a little different from the usual views of the mountains.

Mount Moran Peekaboo
    by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Some pics I have under my "Misc" catalog that I had forgotten about. My wife and I were at a favorite restaurant in Portsmouth, NH (Surf) on the deck watching a storm roll in. As it got closer and closer, I snapped a few shots with my G7X II. I thought we gave ourselves enough time as we left, but we got drenched even though it only started raining when we were within site of our car.

Two shot pano:

Name:  Small-.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  187.3 KB

Great escape:
    Name:  Small-0832.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  163.8 KB

Thanks for viewing...

Brant

The UP

I made the 8 hr drive up to the UP for a long weekend of shooting fall colors. Unfortunately I was about 1-2 weeks ahead of peak color (the leaves in the Northern Midwest are late this year). I stayed three nights in Munising, MI, and was surprised at the extensive selection of lighthouses, waterfalls, and coastal nooks within an hour drive. These are my favorites:

Path to Miner's Castle, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

Other photographers were crowding the observation deck overlooking Miners Castle, so I turned around and photographed the pathway! I used my Samyang 14mm F2.8.

Spray Falls, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

I went on a sunset boat tour along 40 miles of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. It was well worth the money, but the top deck was quite crowded. Show up early if you want a seat on the right-side railing (which you do...). This waterfall was the furthest point on the tour. This was taken about 20 min before sunset. Even though the boat was large (80 ft I think), I had to use a high shutter speed to keep everything sharp. 70-300mm L

East Channel Lighthouse, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

This abandoned lighthouse sits across from the town of Munising, and is the first and last point of interest on the boat tour. I took this picture on the way back, when the top-deck was abandoned by sight-seers seeking the warmth below. It was very dark: IS0 6400, 1/30 s, F5.6. Thank goodness for image stabilization! I think this is the only ISO 6400 image I've taken with my 5DS and been happy with.

Marquette Harbor Lighthouse, Marquette, MI

I heard about this location from a local photographer the previous day. I woke up extra early to make the hour drive to Marquette. The sunrise was spectacular! I wish I had scouted the location previously though, because it was hard to find a great composition. I was literally running around in the sand with my camera and tripod trying to find the best composition. This shot was taken from a lifeguard tower. 35mm from my 16-35mm F4L. Two exposures manually combined in Photoshop.

Au Sable Point

The same photographer that told me about the lighthouse said there were some cool ship wreckage on the coast at Au Sable Point. Unfortunately clouds rolled in right before sunset. I decided to go with a dark, foreboding look since there was no color in the sky. 16mm from my 16-35mm F4L. Two exposures in Photoshop.

I will definitely be returning to the UP for more photo trips.

Great set. If nothing else, the excitement of trying to get the perfect shot is always fun.

As for colors, the same is true here in New England. I did a drive through Vermont last week and my camera didn't even leave its bag. Most I saw were very muted with a brownish tint or still green. Its a bit freakish and may end up being a bad year for colors. We'll see, but in past years where things have been delayed have not been good.

I am headed out again tomorrow, so we'll see.

Enjoyed the whole set, but I particularly like the mood of the shipwreck.

I went back to central British Columbia this month, to photograph grizzlies again during the sockeye salmon run. My last visit was 2 years ago and I knew right away that I'd have to get back there. As expected, it was well worth it. Some of my faves:

Thanks for viewing!

Amazing stuff Jonathan!

I especially like the second to last, but they are all great.

Quote Originally Posted by C4RBON View Post
    I made the 8 hr drive up to the UP for a long weekend of shooting fall colors. Unfortunately I was about 1-2 weeks ahead of peak color (the leaves in the Northern Midwest are late this year). I stayed three nights in Munising, MI, and was surprised at the extensive selection of lighthouses, waterfalls, and coastal nooks within an hour drive. These are my favorites:
    right at 40 years ago, we camped near Munising on a 1 week photo adventure. I don't even think Wagner Falls State park was a park then. I invested several visits to Wagner in the changing light, etc. Along with the others. Thanks for bringing back the memories - it is indeed a beautiful area.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

John, Thanks so much for sharing these images.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911