Page 237 of 397 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3966

Thread: Post your best current shots

Some great pics on this page, here is a quick grab from Cleveland Point.
    [img]
    Where's your permit_1 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Great shots Jonathan. That is stupidly sharp.

Here's something a little different for me.

We had a part flown in for our sulphuric acid plant over the weekend... a big part that is. This is a massive Russian Ilyushin I1-76 and it was a bit of a struggle landing this bad boy on our little runway in Mount Isa. They actually had to unload the cargo so it could take off again. I was perched right at the end of the runway and I can assure you, it's LOUD. Apparently this is one of the largest transport planes in the world.

Big Jet Plane by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Nice work on this page....Jonathan, the combo of the 1Dx, 500 f/4II and you as the photographer continue to yield impressive results.

I spent Thanksgiving holiday in Chicago. I did manage to get out take a few shots:

The "bean":

Chicago-0725 by kayaker72, on Flickr

More artwork:

Chicago-0705 by kayaker72, on Flickr

View from the top of the Hancock Tower (96th floor happens to have a bar):

Chicago-0747 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

From a few weeks ago, but still kind of current

T-28 Trojan taken at a small fly-in at Bonham Texas

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    EF 24-105mm 1:4L IS USM

T-28B Trojan NX9060F by Dave9072, on Flickr
    Last edited by DavidF; 12-04-2012 at 03:28 PM.

It's that time of the year when all of my critters are underground (time to switch things up and try my hand at birds again). However, I was driving through Cincinnati and one of my collaborators has always told me about a population of European Wall Lizards that was released in an urban area in downtown Cincinnati approximately 80 years ago. Basically, you just go to the Starbucks on Columbia if anyone is interested. Anyways, these lizards are adapted to cold environments and so they are still out running around.

Female Podarcis muralis

Male Podarcis muralis
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

This Saturday I went for a drive into the woods nearby to get a shot I had in mind for the current assignment. My daughter is also beginning to grow the photography interest and came with me. So far she may not be quite as interested as I - the Teenager Hobby, i.e. staring at the phone, still comes first.

This time of year it gets dark early. At around 3.30 p.m. there wasn't much light left and we did some playing around with long exposures. In this one I started a 15 second exposure, then she walked into the frame and I fired a pilot flash from a handheld 430EX. This one ended up being her favorite shot from that day.

Thanks for viewing!

Have to agree with your daughter, I really like the last one as well.
    Great close-ups Dustin and is there a tiny bit of HDR in your shot David?
    Nice series Brant, fancy you stumbling upon the 96th floor.....
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    At least you didn't have the leave the warmth of your car.... I went to your website some very beautiful pics. Really stunning stuff.

I am looking forward (not really) to taking winter (I am from Florida and its too - fill in colorful adjective - cold...) pics now that I am working out of Long Island and will be able to drive up to the catskills, etc.
    Thanks very much! I should add that when shooting from the car in the winter, it is actually important to open all the windows and shut off the heater. If you don't, then all the warmth radiating from your window will affect the image sharpness. It is like shooting through the heat refraction from a hot road surface... it muddles the background a lot, and reduces the subject sharpness. I have noticed that problem occur in images where I had 'panic stop' situations for wildlife, and only had time to open my window and fire a quick burst. It took me a while to realize what was happening. So now I make sure to open everything wide and get the inside of the car as cold as I can, as fast as I can, whenever I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Have to agree with your daughter, I really like the last one as well.
    Great close-ups Dustin and is there a tiny bit of HDR in your shot David?
    Nice series Brant, fancy you stumbling upon the 96th floor.....
    Used Color Efex Pro 4 to make it pop a bit.

David

Really nice images everyone. Seems I have really pulled a rotator cuff and find it hard to hold a camera. But, here is one (tripod used) from Thanksgiving.

Larry