Page 222 of 397 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3970

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    A very inconspicuous rig
    Also known as a sniper rig.

John, that's a fine portrait with a fine lens. Congrats on the new glass. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know whether this shot was hand held.

Thanks, All!

And LOL...

Bryan's statement in several of his supertele reviews is spot on, every photographer should have the experience of opening one of these packages in their lifetime. But much like the kid who gets the new bike on a snowy Christmas morning, I had the afternoon free after UPS delivered the lens, and it was pouring rain for the rest of the day.

Mark, I've got some long sight lines in the house, but the CCFLs could be brighter.

Funny that you mention that, Steve and Rick...I'm going as a chaperone on our older daughter's pre-K apple picking field trip on Friday...I'm thinking 1D X and 28-300L. Ok, I exaggerate...probably just the 24-105L...

Andy, it was handheld - the IS on the lens is great, especially coupled with the high ISO performance of the 1D X.

The lens feels lighter than I was expecting, I plan to handhold a lot. But...I did know going in that my Manfrotto tripod+head and monopod+head would not be adequate to support the new lens. So, I took the opportunity to get a RRS TVC-33 with the leveling base w/ clamp, and PG-02 LLR side gimbal and LCF-53 replacement foot for the 600 II (big thanks to Jonathan Huyer for discussions on the gimbal, and to Ben Taylor for your previous TVC-34L and BH-55 LR reviews!!!), a BH-55 LR for the other lenses (see what you did, Ben?!?), RRS monopod and head (another big thanks to Bill W for advice there), plus ancillary items like the RRS 1D X L-bracket, an additional rail for panos with other lenses, RRS flash bracket and a Better Beamer for the 600EX-RT. At least, the rainy afternoon gave me a chance to update some of my profile pics with the new gear.
    Last edited by neuroanatomist; 10-03-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Ps. Here's the rig for the 600 II:

Name:  TheNewRig.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  105.9 KB

I'm not coming out of my wedding photo-editing black hole much until I get them all done but I did have to take a breather for a moment and comment on your new set-up John!! What a beauty!!! Congrats on all of your new latest gear, John!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I haven't really gone out shooting in a long time. This shot was taken earlier this year but has been processed recently, so maybe that qualifies it for this thread :-)

IMG_1573 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    I just have to share the happy news!! This was chosen out of thousands by Popular Photography magazine in their top 30 photos submitted by readers for the month of September!!

http://www.popphoto.com/gallery/your...Mjg5NTM0NDk3S0

Maybe I should just stick to flowers!!

Well deserved Denise, congrats.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Well deserved Denise, congrats.
    Denise - Steve is correct... very well deserved. That shot is the best rose photo I have seen.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Congrats DD, That really is a stunning photograph
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Ps. Here's the rig for the 600 II:
    Wow John, Congrats on the new rig, and all of the RRS gear. Now it's time to put that bad boy to work. Perhaps a birding trip is on the horizon at the Bosque Del Apache. I know a guide
    Bob