Page 299 of 397 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Death in the Garden

Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Interesting lightning bolts. Not used to seeing so many twists and turns and splits. Thought I'd get another one up and see if I can get back into doing this more often.
    Thanks. Nice shots yourself. Definitely keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    I was out last night at the home of one of our retired professors. He has just a slight interest in tracking near earth objects as you can see. His telescopes range from 24" to 50", with four in all, each in their own building. All are computer controlled and all images are sent to servers at the university via microwave from a tower in his yard. This professor tracked over 22,000 objects last year. The next closest tracking station, owned by NASA, tracked just 8,000.
    That is incredible. What an investment in time and money but hey, how great is it to be able to email NASA "beating you by almost 3 to 1...and this is my hobby"

Quote Originally Posted by sedwards View Post
    Brant , those are some cool lightning pics !
    i was out chasing deer tonight and got these. I realy like my new 70-200 f4 lens but i can definitely see where a f2.8 with IS would help a lot at last light.
    Thanks. I am happy you like the shots. Nice ones of all the deer. It's been along time since I've seen so many together.

Death in the Garden

Ok...it took me awhile to even see the Mantis. What great camoflauge. Great shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Ok...it took me awhile to even see the Mantis. What great camoflauge. Great shot.
    When we first saw the moth struggling, we though it was just stuck on a leaf. I had started to grab the leaf to shake the moth loose when I realized it was a mantis.
    Mark - Flickr

Hopefully not the same chap we came across later getting devoured by the mantis.

Mark - Flickr

Death in the Garden

I just recently watched (and took pictures) of one of these devouring a moth... they eat an aweful lot for their size, and they do not waste much.

Hopefully not the same chap we came across later getting devoured by the mantis.

This is beautiful. I have only seen one of these moths once for a very short time... at first I thought it was a humming bird.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Thanks, Pat. There were several of these moths flitting around the garden we were touring. A biology professor from our university (insect expert) was there and commented that this was an exceptional year for Sphinx Moths and that you would normally not expect to see them in broad daylight in such numbers. The pic above was shot with a 7D and 70-200 f2.8 IS. I really need to get a macro lens for this type of shooting as my keeper rate with the 70-200 was less than 30%.
    Mark - Flickr

I took this one last weekend at a fire lookout from the '30s in North Cascades Natl Park. It must have been a pretty arduous journey to haul all of the building material up the 4.5 mi and 3000 feet of elevation trail. It even had a wood burning stove. The last bit is a scramble to the top, and it is far from flat when you arrive. This shot was taken at 10mm, on a boulder, near the edge of a cliff.

Great shot Patrick

Great shots guys. Keep them coming.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

My favoured past time (LOL) of snap shooting my grand kids, and this time my granddaughter Annaliese is court dreaming away.

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo