Page 206 of 397 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

You don't always need a proper reflector, just a white towel thrown on the ground in front of them will reflect light upwards, to help eliminate some shadows. Or even someone else just holding a piece of white cardboard or paper so the flash bounces off the roof and then off the towel or cardboard back up at them.

Of course this is very easy to say sitting at the computer, not as easy when you are relaxing at a BBQ. Sean is the expert in this regard not me, but light reflected at the right angle can take years and pounds off.

There is a real connection with the eyes of your subject and a relaxed feel to the portraits, again I think he should be very happy with these shots.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

It started raining this afternoon while we were in the U.P. of Michigan... so it was time to go find a waterfall to take advantage of longer shutter speeds with the overcast skys.

Tannery Falls-8783 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Tannery Falls-8782 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Tannery Falls-8789 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

F8F Bearcat. Had to mount the 7D on a monopod to lift it above a fence. 2 second delay shot.

Mark - Flickr

Great capture Mark, specially considering the timer delay. How long is this plane? It looks short.
    Steve U

It's not a big fighter, but the lens was a Roki 14mm f2.8, so there may be some distortion. Here's a slightly different angle.

Mark - Flickr

Brisbane City skyline.
    [img]
    Brisbane City by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    It started raining this afternoon... so it was time to go find a waterfall
    You're lucky, Pat. It started raining here in March and has hardly stopped since. It's the reason I've only been out twice with my camera this summer. I don't need to go far for shots of falling water. I took this earlier today through my living room window.

Raindrops by Andrew Stringer, on Flickr

Went to the local county airport airshow today. Not much of a show, but this one aerobatic plane made a few passes close enough to my spot outside the fence to get a few crops. These were shot with my new 70-300 f4-5.6L that I got yesterday.

Mark - Flickr

Congrats on the new glass, Mark! Nice sharp shots!! I have been debating for awhile now on whether to trade my 100-400mm for this lens!

Thanks, Denise. The thing that sold me on this lens is how compact it is at 70mm. It fit easily in the main slot of my Crumpler 7MDH attached to the 7D. The 70-200 F4L IS wouldn't do that. Plus it's really sharp at 300mm wide open. It even works with the Kenko 2x TC, albeit manual focus only. And they're seriously reduced right now at Adorama (something I missed out on).
    Mark - Flickr