Page 284 of 397 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Lots of baseball shots it seems. Well, I'm going to throw in a softball one. This is my first time ever shooting any kind of sport with my DSLR. I had to deal with extremely overcast skies so this didn't come out as well as I would have liked. I went with my girlfriend to watch her little sister play. This picture was taken right before she hit the ball for a walk off double, winning the game for her team. I liked the moment it captured more than the actual shot itself, if that makes sense. I took a bunch more pictures, just havent gotten around to going through them yet. I also had a mother ask me to photograph her daughter while playing and she said she'd pay me, so I expect I will be going to more games in the future

Anyways, here's the shot -

Gorgeous, clear night last night, managed to get this shot.

It's been a long time since I posted a picture here. I tried to take advantage of the few sunny hours we had this morning. It's probably the worst Spring I've seen in my life here. The weather has been terrible since March, with only a couple of sunny days during the weekends.
    Well, the bright side is that it has been easier for me to chose my best current shot, as it is my only current shot.

Snow...again. by Tounis_9, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Tounis View Post
    It's been a long time since I posted a picture here. I tried to take advantage of the few sunny hours we had this morning. It's probably the worst Spring I've seen in my life here. The weather has been terrible since March, with only a couple of sunny days during the weekends.
    Well, the bright side is that it has been easier for me to chose my best current shot, as it is my only current shot.

Snow...again. by Tounis_9, on Flickr
    Outstanding... it was worth the wait. Great forground and cloud action.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Very, very nice.
    Begs for a timelapse of the clouds moving up the/down the mountain. If you have a timer that can do intervals, then either shoot small raw and convert to jpg or just shoot small jpg, load into MS movie maker (free on windows 7) fiddle w/ transition a bit and bang a time lapse.

None the less very very nice.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Outstanding... it was worth the wait. Great forground and cloud action.
    Thanks Pat. The snow was a surprise this late in the Spring, but it gave us a wonderful morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles
    Very, very nice.
    Begs for a timelapse of the clouds moving up the/down the mountain. If you have a timer that can do intervals, then either shoot small raw and convert to jpg or just shoot small jpg, load into MS movie maker (free on windows 7) fiddle w/ transition a bit and bang a time lapse.

None the less very very nice.
    I never really thought about a timelapse. I could easily do it, because I have to confess the picture above is the view I get while looking through the window at my parents' place. But I would have to invest a little time to study the technique, and a little money for the accessories. Thanks for the good suggestion.

Wow! Some really nice shots on this page! The best thing about this thread is seeing such an awesome variety of shots!!

Here are a few I've done recently ...

Pastel-Colored Tulip by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

IMG_9850 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Feel the Heat by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Bold and Beautiful by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Re: Post your best current shots

Really love the second one. The third reminded me of Jan's shot I believe. Pretty cool.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Thanks Pat. The snow was a surprise this late in the Spring, but it gave us a wonderful morning.

I never really thought about a timelapse. I could easily do it, because I have to confess the picture above is the view I get while looking through the window at my parents' place. But I would have to invest a little time to study the technique, and a little money for the accessories. Thanks for the good suggestion.
    That's view from your parents' house? We call that a million dollar view. Incredible. Great shot, too.
    Mark - Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    That's view from your parents' house? We call that a million dollar view. Incredible. Great shot, too.
    Thanks Mark. Here in the Alps, this kind of scenery is quite common, so maybe the view is a little less expensive (even my parents' entire house was ) . But it's really what we're fortunate enough to see through the window. Spring is always a great period to take this picture, thanks to the contrast between the bright green in the valley and the snow in the mountain.

By the way, I am jealous of all the animals you can see in your backyard. I don't know how many dollars they're worth, but I would really like to see them.