Page 365 of 397 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    I went back to central British Columbia this month, to photograph grizzlies again during the sockeye salmon run. My last visit was 2 years ago and I knew right away that I'd have to get back there. As expected, it was well worth it. Some of my faves:

Thanks for viewing!

YOWZA! Excellent photos. I would love to have you take me on a tour someday... you always capture amazing moments.

We headed out to Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse in South Portland, Maine this past Saturday. It was VERY cold, -12. I had to wait several hours for the Sea Smoke to provide an opening of the Lighthouse.

It was -2 tonight but after finding this barn, I had to shoot the show. I learned later that the main show was behind me, above Orion's belt but was still happy with the results.

This was a composite of a few shots of the shooting stars.
    Last edited by Photog82; 12-31-2017 at 09:31 PM.
    --

Wow ! Two great pictures James. Congrats.

Agreed....two beauties James.....

I got up @ 4AM this morning.... laid in bed questioning myself if it would be worth the 2 hour drive to Marshall Point Lighthouse or not. I told my self that if I didn't go, I would be disappointed and if I went and it didn't work out, I'd get to see a sunrise and know that it wasn't the right timing.

I'm pretty happy with the results, even without any texture in the sky from the lack of clouds- the colors make it pop for me as do the stars. I just enjoy God's natural creation- with a little bit of man-made scenery as well.

I enjoyed breakfast Port Clyde General Store.

This was shot during the Blue Hour, Marshall Point Lighthouse:

Canon 5D Mark IV, EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM @ ƒ/11.0, 16.0mm, 2/s and 400 ISO
    --

Smoke, Rockies and Lake St. Mary

During our trip to the Rockies this autumn, the Sprague fire in Glacier National Park caused upper level smoke to be very noticeable even many miles away. Here is a snap from the car on the approach to the Park.

Smoke cloud
    by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

I put some landscape photos aside, to decide how to deal with the issue. This weekend I tried some processing, hoping to leave the right amount of smokiness. This was a view across Lake St. Mary.

Smoke, Mts and Lake St. Mary's
    by dfwatsoneuro, on Flickr

Does this look comfortable or what?

2017_11_13_19030_LR_upd_5x7 by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

From near the hotel I like to stay in before grabbing an early flight out of Boston.

M3 18-55 30 sec, F/11, iso 100

Haven't flipped through this thread in a while. Great photos recently everyone!

Ok...I am lowering the bar a bit here.....but with another March Nor'easter, I grabbed a pic or two from different vantage points around my house.

This is my bird feeder. The Black Bears came out of hibernation a bit early this year. This is the third time the bear has bent the pole. I had reinforced it with 3/4" solid steel....at least this time it didn't snap:

Name:  small-6636.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  189.1 KB

6S0A6640 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A6638 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Ok...I am lowering the bar a bit here.....but with another March Nor'easter, I grabbed a pic or two from different vantage points around my house.

This is my bird feeder. The Black Bears came out of hibernation a bit early this year. This is the third time the bear has bent the pole. I had reinforced it with 3/4" solid steel....at least this time it didn't snap:

Thanks for viewing...Brant
    I wonder if my battery power electric fence rig would keep them away. It is one thing to have a raccoon defeat the squirrel baffle - bear.... that is a bit different
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911