Page 359 of 397 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Checkmate by ernogy, on Flickr

I've always loved the area just north of Tensed Idaho. I was able to stop and take a few pictures this past week.

Small-9784 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

The Performers Point of View.

2016_07_16_16670_LR_upd_2 by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

I was eating with my family when the sky unexpectedly changed colours. Just had the time to catch my camera so nothing was really planned.

January evening by Pierre, on Flickr

Playing around with my new M3 and EFM 11-22 at the Boston Auto Show on Sunday.

Small-0239 by kayaker72, on Flickr

You can use your finger to orient the on camera flash up, so, here, the on camera flash was bounced off the car hood to give the engine block the red glow.

Small-0242 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Wouldn't mind either of these rides.

Granted, it was pretty easy to tell the difference between the friend that I went with and myself. He was all about horse power and 0-60. I was constantly checking fuel economy and price....
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 01-16-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Running Water

2017_02_18_18357_LR_tonemapped_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

I'm back from a quick 4-night visit to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. It's one of the best places to go for aurora viewing, and this time of year is perfect since the cloud cover is generally low and aurora activity is often a bit higher around the equinox. Our first night was a complete bust, but the second and third nights gave very nice displays (considered just average for Yellowknife). And then on the 4th night we were hit with a very nice gust of solar wind, and the whole sky erupted in a fantastic show. The images below don't do justice, because there is so much rapid movement in the aurora that you really have to see it in person. Like a solar eclipse, the photo can never capture the full experience. I brought my 24 mm f/1.4 and the 14 f/2.8. I ended up using the 14 mm more, since the aurora displays are so huge. As expected, it was a bit chilly. On our last night, the dashboard thermometer registered -40 C as we were driving out to the viewing location. Fortunately there was no wind, so we survived. My new 1DX II and 5D IV both performed very well --- it amazes me that a camera can function at all in those conditions. The batteries died quickly in the cold, lasting about an hour. But I would just swap them out with a warm one, and once reheated they worked fine again. If anyone is keen to go up there, please get in touch and I can give you a host of tips and advice (this was my third visit to Yellowknife).

Bucket list stuff Jonathan!

Great shots Jonathan! My sister recently relocated to the Yellowknife area, so perhaps one day I'll have to go visit...timed with good aurora activity of course! I'll have to remember to contact you for suggestions on shooting locations though.

Stephen

Getting around to processing a few shots from a quick business trip. One of the first times I got to get out with the M3.

IMG_0317 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_0304 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant