Page 84 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

I live almost an hour from where I worked. After work, I would try a grab a few minutes at this small lake that is located between the two. It is where I went fishing with my dad every weekend as a kid. Even before photography, just going there and catching the beauty of a sunset and the tranquility was wonderful. Last week when I stopped there, it was super cloudy and about to rain so the sunset wasn't to be seen but I ran into this man and his dog. Both were very on in their years and by the time we were done talking, I knew pretty much all there was to know about this man & his dog. It was obvious both adored and lived for each other and each other is all they had. As I walked away, I couldn't help but turn around and try to capture a picture of them as they did what they do every day together ...wait for the sun to set. I walked back to my car with alittle bit more about life put back into perspective.

This is most definitely not one of my best photos but it will go down as one of my best memories ....

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    This is most definitely not one of my best photos but it will go down as one of my best memories ....

I think this is a really good picture, like the effect of your PP, well done!, I can feel the way you took this shot not only by your hands but also with your heart....... wish you the best!

Not the best shot in the world. But, the story of me screaming when the spider jumped on me was quite amusing, at least to my girlfriend. But then when I told her that I didn't know where the spider went and that it could now be in the house, it wasn't as funny to her anymore. 40D, EF-s 60mm, f6.3, 1/125s, iso 100.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2742.Spidy.jpg[/img]
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Flies are a little easier...

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Grassi Lakes, Canmore Alberta
    Canon 5D2, 70-200 f/2.8 lens, 1.3 sec @ f/16, ISO 100

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8664.IMG_5F00_7526.JPG[/img]

Rented the 24-70mm f/2.8 for the weekend with the intention of swapping it between my 50mm and 85mm. The 24-70 never left my camera! Love it! It's a little more weight than a prime but I could live with it :P

Baker, Glad to see that the 24-70 is living up to its Rep----I too have that lens on the "gotta-have" list ---Very nice shot and beautiful model.
    Bob

Went out and shot another kids foofball game this morning; and wow did I learn some things today.

1. 8am game is better than a 10am game---The midday bright sunlight was a killer

2. Give me clouds any day for shooting sports.

3. Auto ISO----never again---My exposures were all over the place---even in the same series.

4. The 400d/100f2.8 was my close end rig-----it was dissapointing at best, compared to the same lens on the 7D, if this business keeps up, there may be another 7d on the horizon. Maybe even a good excuse to go with the 1dIV

5. The 500 is great past the 50 yard line, any closer then it's faces only.

6. I am 51 years old---and shooting sports is hard reminder of that fact.

7. Kneepads are a must.

8. When it comes to kid sports---ignore the pros when it comes to selecting backgrounds. They usually suggest you avoid cars, fences and sideline people-------when shooting kids, it just doesn't matter because those are the only backgrounds you have. Stay focused on the game and the kids.

9. The pros are correct, blurry car backgrounds are ugly and they produce some very difficult lens flares and hot spots---clone it out if you can, but don't sacrifice the shot to avoid the cars.

10. Take lots of business cards

Here are acouple of my favorites of the day:

Note the color of his leg cast and his jersey while he observes the National Anthem

Ok, one more

Thanks for viewing.
    Bob

Jonathan----Beautiful shot
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I live almost an hour from where I worked. After work, I would try a grab a few minutes at this small lake that is located between the two. It is where I went fishing with my dad every weekend as a kid. Even before photography, just going there and catching the beauty of a sunset and the tranquility was wonderful. Last week when I stopped there, it was super cloudy and about to rain so the sunset wasn't to be seen but I ran into this man and his dog. Both were very on in their years and by the time we were done talking, I knew pretty much all there was to know about this man & his dog. It was obvious both adored and lived for each other and each other is all they had. As I walked away, I couldn't help but turn around and try to capture a picture of them as they did what they do every day together ...wait for the sun to set. I walked back to my car with alittle bit more about life put back into perspective.

<p sizset="39" sizcache="17"][url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/18085870@N07/6197167524/][/url]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Denise, I will argue with you on this one---It is one of your best photos---it tells the story all by itself

Very, very nice capture. and the edge treatment and post are outstanding.

Bob