Page 374 of 397 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Still going through shots from last week when I did a trip back to Idaho. We did a drive and camped out on Freeze Out Ridge in Idaho. Two pics that I like from that first day:

6S0A7654 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A7647 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Saturday night was a Wine and Sunset Cruise out of Portland, ME. Ended up being a great sunset.

6S0A8508 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A8552 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A8556 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Name:  TDP-8513.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  168.1 KB

Name:  TDP-8544.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  181.8 KB

Name:  TDP-8581.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  178.0 KB

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Wonderful series Brant !

Quote Originally Posted by Tounis View Post
    Wonderful series Brant !
    Thanks Pierre! It is always fun to get out an shoot.

I had a great photo trip to the Pantanal of Brazil a couple weeks ago, and I would highly recommend it for anyone looking to see jaguars and other exotic species. The jaguars are the main attraction for sure, but you'll also come across giant river otters, caiman, capybaras, tapir, and a huge assortment of birds. The best time to go is the dry season (June - October) when the water level is down and the animals congregate along the river banks. From Sao Paulo, you fly 2-1/2 hours northwest to Cuiaba, and then it's a day-long drive into Parque Estadual Encontro das Aguas ("Meeting of the Waters State Park"). Accommodations is in a "Flotel", a surprisingly nice hotel (with a/c!) built on a barge and anchored to the shore. Viewing is by motorboat, so you spend the entire time without setting foot on land. The weather is ridiculously hot, over 100 F with a healthy dose of humidity. It was a bit challenging for this cold-blooded Canadian! But when a cat comes out, you forget all about that. I traveled with a fantastic guide, which helped a lot. Visit https://untamed-expeditions.com/ for more info and let me know if you have any questions. Meanwhile here is a small selection from the trip:

Female Jaguar

Amazon Kingfisher

Giant River Otter

Male Jaguar

Brazilian Tapir

Black Skimmer

For photo gear, I brought my 500 f/4 and 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 on full-frame bodies. I used polarizers on both lenses in the middle of the day when the sun was the most harsh (it was bright sun the whole time --- no clouds!). I brought the 24-70 but never used it. The 1.4 TC came in handy just a couple of times on the 500. I used a monopod in the boat, or hand-held for short bursts.

Thanks for viewing!

wow thanks for sharing. My wife is from Brazil and perhaps in the future....
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

2nd the wow.....

I love the male Jaguar picture with the perfect pose and just a ray of light to provide the contrast with the dark background. Impressive shot !

3rd the wow. Great shots! I need to look through this post more often. Some great shots in here recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    3rd the wow. Great shots! I need to look through this post more often. Some great shots in here recently.
    Thanks everyone --- and yes this is a great thread to follow.
    It was hard to go wrong in the Pantanal --- I was expecting some nice variety but was really pleasantly surprised by just how productive an area it is. If you go, bring lots of cards and a couple extra hard drives!