Page 49 of 398 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Hey Chris,

These look better to me. The action looks good, you've isolated the ball carrier well, and you've captured their faces, and eyes in some of them.

These girls play hard and without helmets too..., their hair flying around is a nice touch as well..

The tighter crops look better! I also like the colors and I think the exposure looks good too. They don't look too noisy either.

Watch the horizon in the 5th one. Some of the faces still look a little soft to me, especially the 5th one, which looks slightly back focused or missed focal point of ball carrier. The focus point looks to be on the girl to the left of the ball carrier, as opposed to the blonde haired girl with the black headband.

I don't know what your shutter speed, ISO or apertures were? Perhaps a faster shutter speed may be necessary, butI like the narrower DOF in #5 and #6,

It looks like you were standing in some of these, so try and shoot a little lower if possible, perhaps down on one knee, as it will provide a more pleasing background and better impact of the runner.

Nice set, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

Rich

Thanks Rich,

Unfortunately I don

Nice shots Chris and great advice Rich.

I have been away for a bit, but I would like to continue on the football theme from downunder.

25 years ago I started playing Gridiron, as we call it down here and played for a fair while, represented the state and so on. Well 25 years later they are having a charity re-union game for all us old timers. I have put my name down to play and being the slightly competitive type I didn't order the "don't hit me" jersey andI have lined up to have another go at my running back spot after 25 years break.

I figure it's best not to rush straight in to heavy training and have decided to ease my way back into it. For the first week I have decided to cut down on cake a couple of days and then maybe be ramp it up to 5 days a week without cake. Do you think I might be overdoing it? I don't want to peak to early.

These are not the best shots but the yellow is actually from the shirtthat I found buried in the bottom drawer. This was an undershirt that special team players wore 25 years ago. My son has it on at the moment, because I didn't want to stretch it.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7142.Bulldogs-Special-Team.jpg[/img]

And the back of the shirt:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0753.Special-Team-2.jpg[/img]

Yep we thought we were cool. The first charity game was in aid of spinal research, I hope that after 25 years, when I decide to put ahelmet back on, I won't end up playing to subsidise my own treatment.

The game is on August the 6th, so I have about 12 weeks to whip myself into shape. Hmm maybe some before and after shots...

Thanks for viewing and reading.

Steve

Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Oh, what I would

Quote Originally Posted by comalleyphotography

Thanks Rich,

...I am planning on picking up the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 at the end of the school year, so that should be awesome. Have you used or owned that lens before?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

You're Welcome!

I have the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II which is an awesome lens and one of my favorites. I think you will be very happy with a 70-200 f/2.8. The fixed 2.8 aperture will be a nice upgrade from your slower variable aperture 70-210mm lens that you have now. It will be great for your Sports Shooting, as it will AF faster and it will also work better in lower light, and allow you to use a lower ISO.

As you know, Canon makes a few 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses, so I would suggest get the one that you can afford. I don't use IS for Sports, but some say that the IS version is sharper than the non-IS version. Also, IS can be verybeneficial for other uses besides sports, such as stationary objects in low light.

Rich

Hey Steve,

Thanks and welcome back! I would probably cut the cake down slowly, perhaps to every other day. I wouldn't want you to go through withdrawls.[:P]

Good luck with the game, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

I wish you lived closer, as I would love to shoot the game from the sidelines!

Rich

Eastern Towhee

Just one of a few shots of this bird taken at Cedar Point Nature Trail, Croatan National Forest, North Carolina.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/0x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5554.EastTowhee_2D00_23May2011_2D00_03.jpg[/img]

Those are some very piercing eyes, Tim! Nice shot.

After about five continuous minutes of simultaneously entertaining with one hand and shooting with the other, and cutting off her head and ears, I finally got her whole head in a frame. Next time, I think I'll set up the tripod and remote.

28mm @ f5 and 1/50th.

A visit to Canyonlands last week. Thanks for viewing.

7D, 70-200mm f/4.0 @ 200mm, f/8, 1/800s, ISO 200 handheld

[IMG][View:http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/deltasun/Random/20110520_127_Canyonlands.jpg][/IMG]

7D, 70-200mm f/4.0 @ 70mm, f/11, 1/320s, ISO 400 handheld

[IMG][View:http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/deltasun/Random/20110520_135_Canyonlands.jpg][/IMG]

A visit to Canyonlands last week. Thanks for viewing.

7D, 70-200mm f/4.0 @ 200mm, f/8, 1/800s, ISO 200 handheld

[IMG][View:http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/deltasun/Random/20110520_127_Canyonlands.jpg][/IMG]

7D, 70-200mm f/4.0 @ 70mm, f/11, 1/320s, ISO 400 handheld

[IMG][View:http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c114/deltasun/Random/20110520_135_Canyonlands.jpg][/IMG]