Page 289 of 397 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3965

Thread: Post your best current shots

Great shots guys. Took this photo at a very upmarket winery in the Yarra Valley, near Melbourne Oz. The statue reminded me very much of one of ex girlfriends (many moons ago), I decided to share this with you. PS Only joking re: my ex girlfriend....LOL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0172winery statuemaster-Edit-2.JPG 
Views:	772 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	1860

Thanks for viewing.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Lovely homage to the old girlfriend Bouwy!

A couple from Yellowstone taken a few days back.

Great Fountain Geyser
    [img]Great Fountain Geyser, Yellowstone - Infinity Pools by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

Lower Falls on the Yellowstone River
    [img]
    Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River - Rainbow in the Mist by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

Wally- she was always too good for you.
    Erno- spectacular image, what's that green in the top of the falls?
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks Erno and Stevo for your expertly and critically acclaimed opinion. With mates like you who needs real critics.
    Erno, your first pix gives me the impression of looking into the mouth of a volcano. Great shot
    What is the green in the top of the 2nd pix, also a spectacular shot.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Thanks fellas. The green is just the color of the river as it begins its plummet downward.

I just got back from an 11 day trip to Wyoming, so i FINALLY have some CF cards to process. Here's another of the Great Fountain Geyser after the sun dipped below the distant forest.
    ]img]Great Fountain Geyser - Approaching Blue Hour by ernogy, on Flickr[/img]

Great shots as always guys. Here's a newie from me. I've just copied the description from flick because I'm feeling a little lazy tonight. Hope you are all well.

This trip to Bosnia and Herzogovena has opened our eyes up so much, before we came we were so skeptical about what to expect but we've discovered one of the most incredible places yet. The people here are outstanding, especially considering that only 20 years ago they were confined to their homes, being shot at by Serbian snipers in the hills surrounding Sarajevo every time they went outside.

It's a beautiful country with beautiful people. Do yourself a favour and visit it.

Today Lauren and I drove up to a little village in Bosnia and Herzogovena about 25km outside Sarajevo called Lukomir. It's one of the only villages to survive the Balkan war between 1992-95. We had to four wheel drive up Bjelašnica mountain across a bunch of paddocks and eventually reached Lukomir about 1,500m above sea level - the highest village in Bosnia.

While there we met this 70 year old lady. Our guide told us that she'd had 7 sons, all of whom had died under various circumstances. The solid gold Arabian coin above her head was given to her by her mother when she was 20 years old and she's worn it there ever since. This is a tradition unique to this village and nobody really knows why it's done. She was nice enough to let me take her photograph and this was the result.

Bosnia rocks my tube socks. Over and out.

BT

Lukomir Lady by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Wow Ben, that's an incredible story. It seems that Lauren and yourself are truly enjoying your trips and the Lukomir Lady is an incredible shot. Perhaps you should posted this in the Image of the Week section.

Look forward to more of your traveling stories and some shots.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

@Enro....one of my favorite places in the world. Yellowstone is amazing. Great pictures....

@Ben...great pic and story...keep them coming.

We noticed a a bird nest built on top of an outside light by our front door. We thought about taking it down, but I checked and saw a single egg. So we left the nest and noticed that it hatched about 3 weeks ago. I waited a bit, and when the mother bird was out, got up on a chair and quickly snapped a few pictures:

small-4009 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4019 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4033 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Rose at night

7d, 24-70, f10 1/50
    I borrowed some flashes and umbrellas from a friend for a shoot I am doing this weekend. I had never used anything like this kind of setup before so I just started playing around. This rose in my yard was calling my name and thought I would try some things out. I have an umbrella to the left of the main rose at about 7ft, then did kind of a spot light effect with second flash on the rose sitting behind. did no photoshopping on this shot.
    Last edited by gkphoto; 06-16-2013 at 01:42 AM.

I was photographing subjects that were in the shade when I saw this little guy out of the corner of my eye playing with his empty water bowl. He was mostly in extreme bright sun with some shade in areas and I had only a split second to get this shot. Needless to say, his fur was completely blown out in areas. This is the best save I could come up with and I think it ended up looking pretty good considering ...

Puppy Love by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr