Page 375 of 397 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

WOW the photos in this thread are amazing...a big thumbs up!

Alright....so I finally kept myself to my good intention to start sorting and editing all of the photos that I have made the last 3-5 years and pretty much never did anything with afterwards. I started with the family-orientated ones where people had been waiting for for ages.

So this is from 3 months ago when we went to Rotterdam to go abseiling from the Euromast (just over 100m/330ft of abseiling) which was a birthday gift to one of my relatives. Obviously he didn't want to go alone, so some "volunteers" where appointed.

First we had a little boat tour through the harbour, the weather was really good at that time.

Rotterdam Skyline by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Things to look at in the harbour....

Containers in Rotterdam Harbour by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

The SS Rotterdam, an old cruise ship that now serves as a hotel.

SS Rotterdam by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

After the tour we went to the Euromast to go abseiling. Lucky us...it started to rain seriously. One thing: If you ever have the chance to do it....do it! The first few steps were over the balcony and onto the side of the tower restaurant. Amazing and since your feet have a place to go you still feel somewhat in control. After that you get to the point that your feet can't go anywhere anymore and you'll have to hang into the harness and let yourself go down. I was on the weight limit of needed a double knot, but the instructors though a single would be ok. Turned out that with the wet rope it was pretty much impossible for me to control the speed of going downwards, so I had a relative quick way down Not the most pleasant
    Here I go (shot by the photographer):

One step closer to the edge by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

The set-up:

Behind the Scenes Abseiling by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Went back upstairs (by elevator) afterwards and took this photo of Rotterdam from above.

View from the Euromast by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Since it still rained, we decided to go away from Rotterdam, drive to the beach and have some dinner. Luckily it stopped raining so we took some shots at sunset.

Playing in the sunset by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

Walking on sunshine by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

As a photographer I rarely get photographed, but Corine and I got one after all

Having a little laugh by Jan Paalman, on Flickr

So this was Abseiling fromt he Euromast Rotterdam in a nutshell...thanks for watching.
    Last edited by Sheiky; 10-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.

I'm so far behind editing pictures too. Nice images!

Dave

I had a few days off and decided to spend some of them not too far from home since it's a good time of the year for photography here in Switzerland. The M50 was great for hiking pictures, and I was surprised with the 15-45, which is better than expected.

Fall in the Alps by Pierre, on Flickr

Lovely Alps shot. The M has opened up an entirely new world for me. I can literally slip it (with the 15-45) into a pocket. I don't look like a tourist (at least not because of my camera ), and it has been an absolute dream for backpacking.

Great shot Pierre.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Lovely Alps shot. The M has opened up an entirely new world for me. I can literally slip it (with the 15-45) into a pocket. I don't look like a tourist (at least not because of my camera ), and it has been an absolute dream for backpacking.
    Thanks Patrick ! The M50 is really growing on me too. I use it more and more and the quality and compactness of EF-M lenses make me seriously think about selling some of my bigger L lenses. I'm impressed by what this cheap system can do, and the fact that it's so unobtrusive is definitely a plus for hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    Great shot Pierre.

Dave
    Thank you Dave,

Here's another one from the day before :

Navisence by Pierre, on Flickr

Really nice Pierre! Those fall colors are wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Really nice Pierre! Those fall colors are wonderful
    Thanks Jan ! We had 3 wonderful days in the moutains but haven't seen the sun since...

Sorting through about 4400 images from my week in Haines Alaska .... here is small representation of the experience

It was a wonderful time .... highly recommended place for anyone to visit.

Fantastic series Joel !