Page 302 of 397 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3965

Thread: Post your best current shots

Another example of how easy photography is out here: Today's sunrise at Quarry Lake, Canmore. I just had to fall out of bed, drive a whole half mile, and set up the tripod. I have to say I really love the Lee Big Stopper solid ND filter... it is quickly becoming my favourite.

Canon 5D3, 24-70 f/2.8L II, 2-stop hard edge ND grad, 10-stop solid ND, 2 minutes at f/16, ISO 100

Superb shot Jonathan. There must have been next to no wind! The plants in the front and trees in the back both look sharp still even with a 2 minute exposure!

Dave

Thanks Dave - Yes you're right, it was perfectly still, and yet the clouds were moving just enough to produce the soft blur I was hoping for. Once in a while a fish would jump and cause the water to ripple, making me freak out a bit. But fortunately it didn't show up in the image.

Almost bought a complete Lee kit with filters, foundation kit, adapter rings, and the Big Stopper. Just didn't quite have the needed funds in my Paypal account at the time. Was kicking myself.

Awesome shot, Jonathan. Shows what magic can be worked with those filters.

From tonight. Balloonfest at Shelbyville, IL. Maybe a bit of vertical distortion here, but mostly the balloons were leaning that far because of the wind. It really shortened the show and kept them from offering tethered rides.

Last edited by M_Six; 10-13-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    Mark - Flickr

Mark,

I'm sure the Big Stopper is great filter, but screw on "black glass" ND filters work pretty well too and may cost less. I'm using the Hoya ND X400 and have been happy with it so far, unlike Jonathan though I greatly struggle with foliage moving during my exposures :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6825585...ckglassfilter/

Dave

I've used stacked filters to replicate black glass. They do indeed work. But you need to focus first and then mount the glass without affecting the focus. Much easier to do with a Lee setup.
    Mark - Flickr

Mark,

Have you tried focusing using live view with the filter mounted? The camera tries to simulate the exposure so I think this may work for you.

Dave

Johnathan, your 10 stop Lee filter is serious stuff but to be able to compute and execute a 2 stop hard grad on top is photographic prowess at its best

Neil

While we still haven't seen too much Autumn colors around here, this weekend looked like we had skipped a season and gone right into Winter. It's not unusual, but it's always a nice surprise to wake up to a view this. Taken literally jumping out of my bed...

There again by Tounis_9, on Flickr

What a view Pierre! You're a very lucky man and took an excellent photo!

Dave