Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Wow, Jonathan!! I can look at those shots over and over! It would be a life's dream to have the opportunity to go there! So beautiful and your photos are stunning!
    Thanks ever so much! And yes I do hope you get the chance to visit here someday. September is the best month too, in my view. If any of you are in the neighbourhood, I'd be delighted to be a photo tour guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Thanks Pat --- yes it was definitely a plan that worked out very well. But I think your day was even better --- you captured a spectacular series of images with a totally surprising and unpredictable sky. Thanks for sharing the whole set... it allows us to get a sense of the excitement and drama of the light show. But it all goes to prove that the best photographic accessory you can buy is an alarm clock!
    Thank you very much. And you are right about the alarm clock. It is amazing that at sunset it is difficult to get a shot without people walking into it, but at sunrise you have the place completely to yourself until 9:00 or 10:00AM (and the animals are far more active).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    ...September is the best month too, in my view. If any of you are in the neighbourhood, I'd be delighted to be a photo tour guide!
    After you had mentioned that before, I seriously thought about heading to your area this September because your pictures are so inspiring... it made me want to check it out. But it did not work out. We have a daughter going to school in Northern Michigan, so our time off for the next couple years will probably be there (which is not so bad either). Maybe in a couple of years.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr