Page 85 of 397 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

From a quick, very wet, drive to the White Mountains on Saturday:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8032.Color-IMG_5F00_5407.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4846.8802_5F00_Falls_2B00_IMG_5F00_5436_5F00_JPG_2 D00_800x0.jpg[/img]

Thanks for Viewing...Brant

Thanks, Bob. Nice series of football shots too! I wanted to question your comment, "Auto ISO --- never again". Although I haven

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer

Thanks, Bob. Nice series of football shots too! I wanted to question your comment, "Auto ISO --- never again". Although I haven't tried this, could you not put the camera in full manual, choose your aperture and shutter speed, and then let Auto ISO do the rest? That way you would always have the shutter speed and aperture you wanted, while still getting the exposure right. Am I correct?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Jonathan, Before yesterday, I was thinking the same thing you are. I did exactly that, Manual and fixed aperture and priority---But when I got home and looked at the pics, I realized therewas a full stop or more difference between shots. I was using spot metering and this could have been the reason---that spot can move alot in a series of action shots. The system may work better if you were to use evaluative or center weighted metering, I will have to test it before I try Auto ISO again. Lesson learned: check histogram often

Bob

I like those football shots, well done!

Here's a shot from yesterday. I was messing around with wide angle distortion :P

A raher boring but tranquil shot. The morning fog was really hurting me on many of the shots I took the other morning!

I like it Denise......if you have the space I would add some to both sides and then do a pano type crop.

+1 for what Joel said Denise. Its a lovely shot with beautiful light. I love how they are in near-perfect unison. Great timing on the trigger.

I'm watching you

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0572.IMG_5F00_0002.jpg[/img]

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark II N
    Lens: EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
    Focal Length: 105mm
    Aperture: f/5.0
    Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
    ISO equiv: 160
    Exposure Bias: none
    Metering Mode: Matrix
    Exposure: Manual
    Exposure Mode: Manual
    White Balance: Auto
    Flash Fired: Yes (Auto, return light detected)

Mark

Been a bit busy lately, not much time for shooting. Still, on Monday-Tuesday of this week, I was in southern NJ for a meeting, so I brought some gear with me, even knowing that the only free time I'd have would be late in the evening, and despite a forecast 60% chance of rain. My plan was to wander around Independence Park in Philadelphia for some night shots of historical landmarks. The rain never materialized, but I didn't count on the landmarks themselves, many of which seemed to be in various states of renovation, with scaffolding all over the place. The only clear shot on my short walkaround was of the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bank_of_the_United_States]Second Bank of the US[/url]:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-35-15/2ndBank.jpg[/img]
    EOS 5D Mark II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L II, 10 s, f/8, ISO 800, +9 shift

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade

I like it Denise......if you have the space I would add some to both sides and then do a pano type crop.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Not much available on the left so this is the best I could do. I do like it better. Thanks for the suggestion!