Thread: my first 5dmkII video project..

my first 5dmkII video project..

my sister is an an ASL class in high school, and one of their regular assignments is to create music videos for the deaf community.. she has a passion for this project, in particular, so she generally solicits my help so she can go above and beyond the call of duty. for this particular assignment, she didn't have a clue what she was gonna do.. so i picked the song and came up with the concept for the video, while she researched the signs required and performed it.

the entire video was shot with my 5dmkII with both the 24-105 f/4 IS and the 70-200 f/2.8 IS, converted to ProRes 4:2:2, and edited in final cut pro.

(note: it won't let me embed, so here's a link)

http://vimeo.com/3190861

Re: my first 5dmkII video project..

I like it! The high contrast treatment is very nice as well.
    One question: it was all shot under the same light conditions (daylight) yet DOF between scenes varies. Did you add ND filter(s) here and there or did you use exposure lock or something? Tell us more! :-)

And a 'music' video for deaf people: what a fun idea!

Pretty good video. I am a fan of the band so I liked it a lot. I wish I had the money to get that camera. Nice editing also. Thanks for sharing.

<div>

no filters.. all three days that i shot it over were heavily overcast, so lighting was pretty even. we got some pretty heavy snowfall on christmas morning, so i actually shot the still images at the beginning right after christmas dinner.

live view actually seemed very cooperative with what i wanted to do, aperture wise.. it appeared to adjust the ISO to compensate for my aperture.. so that was how i achieved the nice DOF..

..and yes, ak3 is the best. i prefer their "from here to infirmary" stuff, but this song worked well for the purpose intended.
    </div>

One of the shapest on-line clips I have seen. Nice work!

Nicely done, good editting. I'm a fan of the band too, so of course I enjoyed (though their Crimson album is my favorite)! I thought your sis did a real nice job as well. Thanks for sharing!