Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 18 - Shapes and Geometries - Congratz Denise! (DDT0725)

Re: Assignment 18 - Shapes and Geometries

Shoot, I hate that I missed this one. Well, I guess I'll post just for sharing purposes.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/8473._5F00_MG_5F00_5893.JPG[/img]

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, I was travelling, and didn't have any real possibility to set up access to "here", but I'm back and Rocco, Jan and myself have sorted everything out (well, mostly them while I was away), so voting should be able to start soon (and then a new assignment!).

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

Hmmm...a trip could mean that Colin has some great pictures to share soon. [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Unfortunately not very much, although I carted all the gear around; have to see whether one of the few shots is worth showing.

Ciao ciao, Colin

Thanks Colin and Rocco! The favorites are listed and the poll is online. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Springer
    Shoot, I hate that I missed this one. Well, I guess I'll post just for sharing purposes.

What is that? [] I assume it's the front of a car, but which one? The headlights and frontfender make me think it's an old VW Beetle, but never seen that grill..

I am not an expert on older cars, so I don't know which make and model it is, but it is a hot rod based on a car that was made in 1937. If it is appropriate to post a pic here, I have more shots of the car, and someone may be able to identify it for us.

It is sort of funny that you identify that grill with a Beetle, since they never had that grill, though many were modified to resemble pre-war American cars like the one I posted. Ironic, isn't it?

It is sort of funny that you identify that grill with a Beetle, since they never had that grill, though many were modified to resemble pre-war American cars like the one I posted. Ironic, isn't it?

No, I don't identify it with the grill. The grill was the part I don't get. The headlights look like Porsche/VW and the front-fender looks exactly like the fender on the Beetle of my mother in law []

So I'm guessing it's either VW or Porsche.

If it is appropriate to post a pic here, I have more shots of the car, and someone may be able to identify it for us.

I'm interested to see the rest of the car[A]

Okay, if I get in trouble, it's your fault! []

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/5008.KK-wagon-front.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/8357.KK-wagon-front-quarter.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/2402.KK-wagon-side.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/7674.KK-wagon-rear.JPG[/img]

So, definitely not a Porsche or VW. I don't know what it is. I am sending these to my uncle, who will definitely know, and if no one else comes on to reply, I will get back to you with the info soon.

1941 Packard?

Pretty sure, based on the license plate, that it isn

LOL! Helps if I pay attention to the details ...or I could blame it on the red "X"!