Thread: Something weird happened with my XSi

Something weird happened with my XSi

Hello, today I experienced something very weird with my Canon XSi, and I'd like to know if somebody else has experienced this issue, thanks for your help!:

I loaded an SD card filled to half into the camera, took about four pictures, switched the camera off and went to my laptop to download the pictures. When I was browsing the card with DPP I couldn't find the pictures! I ran Recuva to verify if I accidentally deleted them, but no luck (I'm pretty sure I didn't accidentally delete anything, though). I loaded the card again in the camera but the pictures weren't there. The weird thing is, when I finished taking the pictures -before removing the card and going to the laptop- I was able to review them in the camera just fine!

Has anybody experienced this issue? It's the first time my XSi shows such a malfunction, and I don't want to imagine this happening while traveling![]

Update: I forgot to mention that the pictures already in the card weren't missing, just the latest-taken ones.

Re: Something weird happened with my XSi

Hmm....that does sound a bit odd. Anyone?

Did you, or the computer, or the software, accidentally change the SD Card folder name or date (because the current folder name was in use) when it was in your laptop?

If this happened then just change the name of the folder back to the original name and then the pictures should be there.

Rich

You know, a new folder is automatically generated when the counterexceeds 9999 or something like that. Was the first picture you took the first number in a new series, thereby generating a different folder for the images?

Hello, thanks for the replies. I verified and I have just one folder (DCIM\100CANON), the folder name wasn't changed nor a new folder was generated (the picture counter is in the 7000s)

Because I lost the pictures I took, I had to re-take them, and this time they were correctly saved to the card, so I suspect the issue was definitely a malfunction. I'm still trying to figure out the cause.