Thread: filter stuff

filter stuff

Which is the correct way to remove the hazy color from a faded filter using PS? Is it the three eye-dropper method or some anti-gradient gradient?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Re: filter stuff

Can you post an example? Will definately make it easier to get some recommendations together?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Sorry about that. First thing tomorrow morning I

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-40-90/mini_2D00_colorcast1.JPG[/img]

This is one of them. The other is still in my files folder but wasn't rotated so I decided not to post that one until that is fixed. This is a jpeg straight from the camera. Prolly neutral or standard setting. I know it's easy and am prolly just making things too complicated. Hope that helped.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be to just increase your contrast in post. That will help remove some of the haze, you may have to increase your brightness/exposure in the shadows and darks to retain some detail there.

I
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

This was my attempt at just using the eye droppers in PS as the corretion. It's very subjective as to where you click. I was thinking there was more constant or percentage based approach when using fader filters . Like going over to "photo filters" and clicking on "fader fixer". It really wasn't that dark out when I took it which is what it looks like. Everything was parked in the middle of the histogram I think.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-40-90/mini_2D00_IMG_5F00_5623.jpg[/img]

Are you looking for something like this?? You can use "Curves" Adjustment to change the black points & white point (#2), as well as increase contrast in the photo (#3). #1 is unedited.

Hope this helps!!

-Tak

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/13/6505.mini_2D00_colorcast1.JPG_2D00_550x0.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the thoughts and efforts Ben and Tak.