Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Recent Real Estate Photography

Re: My Recent Real Estate Photography

Sean;

Outstanding first effort, as usual the lighting is excellent, but as Greggf mentioned, the distortion in the rooms is noticeable w/the 10-24. Would a potential customer viewing MLS notice....possibly....would it be a negative....probably not. All in all, you did an excellent job.

Your link to the original pix is a perfect example of why home sellers or RE agents should have a professional shoot the house, especially in today

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

Sean

They look great.

But I do have one comment. The drapes in the master need to be closed. The car in the window is not a good selling point, ....well unless you love your car more than your wife....
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I didn't even notice the car until I was editing the master bedroom earlier yesterday morning. Ideally, the car should have been parked somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Much better!!! One thing to add ...you
    not only succeeded in making the photos brighter than the originals but
    you created a very warm cozy feeling about each of the rooms!

Very well done!

Denise

Thanks Denise. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McSweeney

Very nicely lit Sean. Wish I could do similar.

Keeping with your lens instead of a TS, what about just keeping the
    lens dead-level then cropping to get the desired apparent viewpoint.
    Could you still get enough of the foreground in that way?

Paul.

With some of the rooms, probably not. The rest--quite likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W
    I do this type of photography on the side....to
    support my bad habits; buying photography equipment....and I have been
    considering the 10-24 for small room shots, e.g. bathrooms and laundry
    rooms. Bur after seeing your pix, I think I'll stick w/my pano head and
    stitch (normally 2 shots are enough) pix together for the smaller
    rooms.

A stitched pano's not a bad idea...I may have to try that if the situation calls for it.

Good job on the photos. I know the local agent tend to show up with a typical point and shot camera and take the photos. The know the angles and the typical shots that buyers want to see. But they are sales agents and not photographers. A skilled photographer can put the right light on a home to show case it. The Wide angles, photo stitching, color/contrast adjustment a photographer brings in is no match for a real estate agent with a point and shot.

In my humble opinion the photographs are the cover by which the house is first judged by perspective buyers. If the photographs do not look inviting then that is a lose of a potential follow up and hopeful sale from an interested party.

Your collection appears to cover all the major points most like to see in a home . Comparing the listing photos with yours I see two totally different homes. Your photographs add that something special and inviting that would lean me to see this master piece in person. While the agents photographs make the home look cramped &amp; dark (at least compared to your vision) and most importantly nothing special.

In the past 5 years I have helped family privately sell a half dozen homes. The only think lacking with private sales is quality photographs which I did my best to help out. It is a market that appears to be growing although I am not sure how much money is in it. I would tend to think that for a agent who is asking anywhere from 2-5% of the value of your home they could spring for $500-1000 for high quality photo shot of the home or even have a professional photograph on a full time staff .

Quote Originally Posted by jimr
    In my humble opinion the photographs are the cover by which the house is first judged by perspective buyers. If the photographs do not look inviting then that is a loss of a potential follow up and hopeful sale from an interested party.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by jimr
    I would tend to think that for a agent who is asking anywhere from 2-5% of the value of your home they could spring for $500-1000 for high quality photo shot of the home or even have a professional photograph on a full time staff .

I hope so... ;-)

I just gotta say WOW!! on all fronts. First off BIG WOW!! for the way their agent completely screwed them over with his lack of knowledge of presentation. That house could have sold instantly had he known better.

And my second WOW!! to your photos Sean! Especially after flipping through the Agent's photos first. The difference in impression is astounding! I'm not bothered at all by the distortions at first glance...but that just might be the WOW factor still kicking in []

I've come across these photographers who do interior and exterior architectural photography for just this purpose, but I'm thinking you'll get there in no time!!

-Tak

Quote Originally Posted by TakahiroW4047

I just gotta say WOW!! on all fronts. First off BIG WOW!! for the way their agent completely screwed them over with his lack of knowledge of presentation. That house could have sold instantly had he known better.

Oddly enough, the agent who has the listing is probably our most widely known local real estate agent. She owns her own real estate company, and her listings are everywhere. She was even the seller's agent when Amber and I recently purchased a home. To be honest, Amber and I didn't care for her very much (we had gotten a bad vibe from her based on a previous, unrelated meeting, and our vibe seems to have been in tune with reality). I like this family, and I want to see them happy--so I'm glad to rent myself out for a [very] reasonable fee if it helps them along...even if my not-so-favorite real estate agent gets a handsome commission.

If the home does sell quickly, and for something very close to the asking price, and that particularagent decides to request my services on other listings--I'll ask top dollar, and I'll be worth every penny. ;-)

Your photos made me interested in the house, especially at that price (I live in california ) The agent

I

Sean

It is unfortunate the house has been on the market for a year. If they had your pictures a year ago maybe that one buyer that wanted it would have come by already. If you really wanted to give this type of work a go at making money, I think all you would have to do is start putting the word out. Once a few use you, and see your quality of work you will have more than you know what to do with.

On another note concerning distortion:

You mentioned at the first you knew you would have some distortion. If you mean lens distortion, I would think that a little lens distortion wouldn

Yes, I was talking about lens distortion. For the most part, it doesn