Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used 7D Camera Price Devaluation?

Re: Camera Price Devaluation

My first post! I

I would not sell your 7D, you are not losing much weight. Only 10 onces if you go to a Rebel. A lighter pack, fewer lenses, lighter lenses or lighter tripod will make much more differance. I do not like Rebels very much and have had poor experience with them. If you go to a 60D it

I

Before going the eBay route, check the percentage of the fees involved with both eBay and PayPal. Selling your 7D for $1300 doesn
    Gripped 7D | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | 70-200 f/4L USM | 50mm f/1.8 mk1 | 80mm f/1.8 USM | 430EXII x2

Emsdad,

I am still considering selling the 7D. It

This is what I recomend to maintain a light weight setup.

60D lighter than 7D

24-105mm or 17-55mm, both weigh the same and lighter than 24-70mm

70-200mm f/4 IS, a light weight zoom

10-22mm or third party equivalent also very light

Carbon fiber tripod

Light weight ball head

The lightest weight pack you can find

That would weigh 5.7 pounds for your lenses and camera. Add about a pound for a light weight pack and you don't have to take your tripod with youif the hike is long. You could keep your 7D and only add 5 oz .

The ultra wide is optional and it's up to you if you use that focal length or not. That would save almost a pound.

That would make a extremely high quality setup when you want to lug around your gear. For hiking get a Canon 18-200mm with a 60D or your 7D and nothing else and that would only weigh 2.7 pounds. It has IS and you don't need to have a tripod and only need a very light soft padded case for it.

I do not like point and shoot's at all and do not recomend them. But that's up to you to decide if they are good enough for what you want to use it for.

Don't sell your 7D![]

Cheers,

John.

i would lose the backpack and just eat nature, like the good old days of around 1500

Hey, thanks for the response. You

Hi krstahl,

Interested in the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L. Can you email me; macthenhan001@gmail.com

Thanks,

Thanks to all of you who weighed in on this thread as to what a proper price devaluation should be for my 7D and lens. With the camera "shortage" out there right now because of the tsunami in Japan, I could probably get top dollar for this camera. However, as I keep using it, I fall more deeply in love with it. Therefore, I have decided to keep the 7D which should make many of you happy that I took your advice. And, it should disappoint a couple of you that would like to have purchased all, or a part of, my 7D system.

What pretty much tipped the scales towards keeping it is two fold:

1) The G-12 (and similar products) just do not have the image quality of the 7D and I have become kinda used to that great quality as long as I pay attention to what I