Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD: CyberSync Blowout Sale!

Re: FS : CyberSync Blowout Sale!

I

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Rick, you might want to check your cart. Adorama has them (at least, they had two for me this afternoon .

John

Yea it was empty, I was going to buy 1 mini and two flex's just as you did. I am in the same boat as you, only one 580ex so I was going to order another flash as well.

I was thinking of buying the same, stands, moonlights and umbrellas. My problem is ignorance, not knowing which would be the best choice. I am not in to portraits, even though family and others ask every once in a while. I would rather take a picture of tobacco worm as a human. But, I do want decent lighting when needed, I don't mind spending the money for good equipment, and I don't want to buy wrong and get junk.

That said I am glad you are looking to expand your lighting. I know you will do the research ahead of me and it will make my selections easier. [:P]

Rick, you might want to check your cart. Adorama has them (at least, they had two for me this afternoon .

John

Yea it was empty, I was going to buy 1 mini and two flex's just as you did. I am in the same boat as you, only one 580ex so I was going to order another flash as well.

I was thinking of buying the same, stands, moonlights and umbrellas. My problem is ignorance, not knowing which would be the best choice. I am not in to portraits, even though family and others ask every once in a while. I would rather take a picture of tobacco worm as a human. But, I do want decent lighting when needed, I don't mind spending the money for good equipment, and I don't want to buy wrong and get junk.

That said I am glad you are looking to expand your lighting. I know you will do the research ahead of me and it will make my selections easier. [:P]

I'll probably end up with two kits - a pair of Speedlites, lightweight stands, and umbrellas (or similar lightweight mods) as a portable kit, and a pair of monolights (likely PCB White Lightning X1600s) with heavier stands and more extensive mods. We'll see. I decided to just get the triggers first, and start playing around.

I bought a X1600 about a month and 1/2 ago for a catalog shoot and I have been very very happy with it. I love the 8 stops of adjustability. I will probably pick up one more in a month or so.

I currently have a Vagabon Mini with an extra battery on order. I can't wait to get that. I have seen some really great reviews on those.

I love off-camera flash--whether from speedlights or monos. However, I like having the versatility that mono's allowif you have the means to power them, the time to set them up, and the modifiers to make them sing.

Keith: I've actually been considering a DIY option for my second monolight power source. I really like the idea of the mini, but honestly, I use the weight of my Vagabond II to weigh down my stands. So the Vagabond Mini doesn't make as much sense for my needs (but I can see where it works perfectly for others).

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

I love off-camera flash--whether from speedlights or monos. However, I like having the versatility that mono's allowif you have the means to power them, the time to set them up, and the modifiers to make them sing.

Keith: I've actually been considering a DIY option for my second monolight power source. I really like the idea of the mini, but honestly, I use the weight of my Vagabond II to weigh down my stands. So the Vagabond Mini doesn't make as much sense for my needs (but I can see where it works perfectly for others).

DIY power source...I don't have the guts. I am interested to see how that goes for you.

A lot of my shoots lately have been outdoors with 3 580EXIIs in my 36" Softlighter on a boom arm held by an assistant so a Vagabond Mini is the trick for me. So I may even consider an AB B800 just to keep weight down. I know lots of folks have told me to stay away from ABs.

I thought about the Vagabond II, a guy local to me was selling one used, but I read some speculation that the VII would probably switch to lithium in the not to distant future. Plus I have been a little weirded out by how many people are selling the II's claiming they have only used them 2-3 times.

I also like the idea of the AB ring light powered by the Vagabond mini.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    I am in the same boat as you, only one 580ex so I was going to order another flash as well.

You may want to check this thread out :-)

FS: Canon Speedlite 580EX II

I'll probably end up with two kits - a pair of Speedlites, lightweight stands, and umbrellas (or similar lightweight mods) as a portable kit, and a pair of monolights (likely PCB White Lightning X1600s) with heavier stands and more extensive mods.

This is how I work.On locationI use 430EX II's with PocketWizard MiniTT1 / FlexTT5's. In the studio I use Paul C. Buff Einstein 640 Studio Flash's. I feel that for marginal price increase the Einstein's are a better value over the White Lightning units.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson
    <p sizset="39" sizcache="15"]You may want to check this thread out :-)

Mark, why the switch from the 580's to the 430's?

I was thinking about buying a 430, the only reason I thought about getting a 580 is to keep my flashes the same (although I do not know if that matters)since I already have a 580.