Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Litepanels MicroPro Hybrid

Litepanels MicroPro Hybrid

Has anyone used this product? www.litepanels.com/.../micropro_hybrid.html

I received one of my photography magazines in the mail today and was flipping thru it and this little light caught my attention. I like the size of this ...for the most part I don

Re: Litepanels MicroPro Hybrid

I think Adorama TV did a video review of the mini version if you want to see it better. Don
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I can't seem to find many photos on the internet that were taken using it but reviews for the most part are pretty good.

Not surprising, Denise. LED panels are intended for video lighting, not photo lighting. The illumination of the product you link is equivalent to a 50W bulb. The 'hybrid' part features a 'flash' that's 4 times brighter than the base illumination. Your Speedlites produce light that is hundreds of times brighter than a 50W bulb (albeit with a very short duration). If you plan to use it for video, it seems like a good option (but expensive for what it is - it's probably very cheap to build, and they are making a tidy profit).

I know for the most part LED panels are intended for videos but I thought since it said also for still photos that someone might also use it for that if they don't have the room for a bigger light setup or needs a constant light in a dark setting that doesn't flicker. In the magazine it said it is an all-in-one lighting solution for still photography and video w/ both continous and strobe lighting.

I guess I'll just keep flipping thru my magazine! [:P]

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    In the magazine it said it is an all-in-one lighting solution for still photography and video w/ both continous and strobe lighting.

Sounds like marketing hype to me. Everyone does it... [] Here's an example:

Canon: "...excellent image quality throughout the zoom range. This new EF-S telephoto lens with great features delivers excellent performance..."

Bryan: "...I don't think the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens is great in terms of image quality..."
    <div>I'm going to go with Bryan's statement as being accurate, and Canon's as being, well, marketing.</div>

Hi,

Our LED lights offer a very soft and flattering light that is great for skin tones. We did start out primarily making lights for the movie/broadcast/videography industries but a lot of still photographers then picked up on what we were doing and got interested in the MicroPro product. The MicroPro Hybrid came about as a direct result of feedback from stills shooters who liked the constant light source but also wanted a bright flash burst for specific moments. This product is not designed to compete against dedicated flash units, and a direct comparison is perhaps a little unfair, but it is a very versatile light that performs extremely well and the stills photographers really seem to like it.

The MicroPro units are not cheap to manufacture and while we do make a profit from them (making a loss wouldn

Is there anyone you can
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

Is there anyone you can't get ahold of ddt?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I was always told to choose my friends carefully! Just let me know if there is anyone you'd like to chat with and I 'll see if I can hook you up! Stuart Russell, Gary Fong &amp; a few others and myself go way back!

Stuart - We haven't chatted in awhile ...how's the family?! Thanks for stopping by TDP and educating my friends here about your product ...very much appreciated! We should talk soon! []

Denise [H]

That's freaky Denise, you do have some sort of corporate camera connections.

Have you ever thought of using your powers for goodness, not just pandering to your photography fancies.

Or should we all be thanking your Uncle Stuart. BTW nice lights Stuart[Y], Denise should be on the payroll on at least get an evaluation panel, if she writes a good review for the rest of us.[]

Yours in awe,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    Denise should be on the payroll on at least get an evaluation panel, if she writes a good review for the rest of us.[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

That evaluation panel sure sounds like a good idea! Just think of how many still photographers I could get interested in using these lights! It all starts here at TDP and then they tell two friends and so on and so on ...

Stuart - I'd love to help out a friend ...just let me know!

Denise