Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Pics with the 500

First Pics with the 500

Well, after months of agonizing over this purchase, The 500 arrived today. Went out this evening to take a few test shots of back yard birds and here arethe results. Now I know what all the fuss is about. This lens rocks. I can't wait to see what it can produce when I have had some practice with it. Thanks to all for all of the encouragement to "go for it"

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/4834.wood2-_2800_1-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/2626.wood2-_2800_2-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/2844.wood2-_2800_3-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/5238.wood2-_2800_4-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/1050.wood2-_2800_5-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/7230.wood2-_2800_6-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/10/1538.wood2-_2800_7-of-7_2900_.jpg[/img]
    Bob

Re: First Pics with the 500

Bob

Very nice first pic

That looks pretty good Bob. Has it turned into your favourite walk around lens?

500mm has some reach is that Neptune or Pluto?

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

That looks pretty good Bob. Has it turned into your favourite walk around lens?

500mm has some reach is that Neptune or Pluto?

Steve
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Well, Of Course, But It is a little ruff inside the house. Also, I don't know why this string ended up in "Buy and Sell" But I can assure everyone that nothing is for sale here.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob

Very nice! Enjoy the lens.

Just in time! Isn
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke
    Just in time! Isn't there a big moon coming up on the 18th or did I already miss it? I remember some dude saying the world would come to an end, etc. I think its every fifteen years or sumthung. Guess I should check these things out before tweeting about them.

Yea I heard the same thing. The moon hasn't been this close to the earth in several years.

The predictions I heard is it could cause earthquakes and tsunami's. I read that prediction a day or two before the earthquake hit in Japan. Scary huh?

Almost right on everything

18 years

19th day/night

14% bigger

30% brighter

@HDN

Glad nothing has happened before. Sometimes humans borrow trouble where it need not be.

Three in a row coincidence:

[View:http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2011-03/biggest-full-moon-20-years-almost-certainly-wont-cause-huge-natural-disaster]

"Past supermoons have coincided with natural disasters--the Indonesian earthquake in 2005, Australian flooding in 1954--but scientists note that those are unrelated, more likely than not. Says John Bellini, a geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey: "A lot of studies have been done on this kind of thing by USGS scientists and others. They haven't found anything significant at all." The tides will pull a bit higher, but earthquakes are almost completely unaffected and volcanoes are not likely to show unusual behavior. John Vidale, a seismologist at the University of Washington in Seattle, said "Practically speaking, you'll never see any effect of lunar perigee. It's somewhere between 'It has no effect' and 'It's so small you don't see any effect.'""