Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 19: Shadow Photography -- Congratulations Ade

Re: Assignment 19: Shadow Photography

So far that Penguin shot has got to be a winner. Great shot!

Yep it
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

OMG those penguins are too cute for words. I love it! What a great photo! I don't even want to enter now! Maybe, later. []
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I couldn't ignore your advice so I've changed my entry.

Here's my first assignment entry, just for the record, i think these assignments are great, really got me thinking, I'm usually a bit of an opportunist photographer, but this time i found myself looking at shadows everywhere, great inspiration.

This pic is of a glass pendant light we have, it has a nice glow but not well defined shadows, so I got one of my high powered bike lights and shone it under the light, a few pics with the (pendant) light off and on, but off gave the best results where shadows were concerned. I like the fact that in parts of the image its hard to tell what is real and what is shadow. I also like how the shadows show the shape of the pendants, but the actual pendant itself doesn't. (am I allowed to big up my own pic? hope that's not against the rules).

5dMk1 24-105 f4L - ISO 100, F/20, +2step, 6sec. (mirror up + tripod)

[IMG][View:http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg12/pinkeye69/IMG_8239.jpg][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Lindado
    Shot in Villa de Leyva, Colombia

No kidding? That's my favorite place in the world. Nice picture too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Lindado
    Shot in Villa de Leyva, Colombia

No kidding? That's my favorite place in the world. Nice picture too.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Hi Dan, Villa de Leyva is such a beautiful town, I live just 3 hours away. I'm glad you visited it! You can check some pictures in my Flickr gallery

OK, Here is my submission. Was out shooting birds this afternoon, and looked over and saw this---Played with a little HDR and decided to post it.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6114.shadow3-_2800_1-of-1_2900_.jpg[/img]
    Bob

Ok y'all, I just want to reiterate how ballsy everyone must be to try to followup the cute penguins. So I went the other-way and tried to make something "scary"

Enjoy, or be afraid.... of THE SHADOW MAN!!! [8o|]

:

This one was fun to make. First off it was shot using Canon 50D + Tokina 12-24 f4 @ 24mm 1/200" f8 ISO-400. Strobed using 1 430ex 1/32 power bare gelled with CalColor 90 Green camera right and the shadow was yours truly using one 580exII 1/8 power bare gelled with Storaro Red behind camera left all triggered with CTR-301p's. It took a few shots to get the shadow in the right place, but it ended up being a fun shot, and luckily my wife was a good sport. In post I added some noise and a darkness gradient to get the tone I wanted in the bottom of the shadow.

Cheers,

Dave.

5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Great idea for an assignment! Here is one from my archives: Sunrise on the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, June 2003 (scanned from Fuji Velvia slide)

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/1325.Image115.jpg[/img]