Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Gadget I'd Like Opinions on ...

Re: Another Gadget I'd Like Opinions on ...

Thanks Gregg for the links. I have seen these before but wasn

Quote Originally Posted by greggf
    At the recent Flashbus Tour with Joe and Dave, they were using a small attachable softbox from Lumiquest...here is the link at Amazon...http://www.amazon.com/Lumiquest-LQ-119-The-Softbox-III/dp/B001HAER88/ref=sr_1_46?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1301541984 &sr=1-46....they were using it with great success!!

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, haven't tried it yet. It comes with adhesive velcro strips to attach to the flash head, which I don't particularly care for, so I also bought a Lumiquest Ultra Strap (I happened across this, as an alternative to older Lumiquest Cinch Strap that is on the 'purchased together' list on Amazon - the Ultra has neoprene on the inner surface for a tighter grip on the head). I'll likely add a snoot as well (I hadn't seen the flashbender, but that looks great in that it's a snoot and a bounce card), and I was intrigued by the Rogue 3-in-1 grid that Bryan mentioned in a news item a while back).

I'll let you know how it goes with the LQ119 Softbox III, both on-camera and on my Manfrotto 233B flash bracket.

Actually, I'm in the process of building up my lighting arsenal. I've got the Pocketwizards (a MiniTT1 and two FlexTT5's plus an AC3), a second 430EX II is arriving today along with a pair of Manfrotto 1051BAC stands and umbrella swivels, and a pair of Justin clamps (the latter will be great for mounting a flash in two corners of a room, on bookcases/etc., bounced off the ceiling). I still need to decide on modifiers for the Speedlites - probably a pair of 45" umbrellas, but I'm seriously considering at least one Lastolite 24" Ezybox that Mark Elberson recommended (as does Syl Arena in the Speedliter's Handbook, and thanks for the recommendation on that book Denise!). Then I'll pick up a PCB Einstein monolight, octabox and beauty dish, and a sturtier stand (Manfrotto 1005BAC) when the PowerMC2 comes out (PW website says "Availability starting approximately the end of March"...and that's today...not that I'm holding my breath given the track records of both PCB and PW...).

Hi Neuro.

go with the 24" Lastolite's...they're fantastic!! I have 2 and rarely use my umbrella's anymore. I, too, read Syl's book, and got them! Here is a pic with just one Lastolite ezybox , camera left. They're great!! in fact, Joe McNally has one with his name on it, and it has a white interior, instead of the silver. Must be nice to be JOE!!!!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/9/3051.the-Kiss-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]