Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black and White.....and Red all over

Black and White.....and Red all over

No, its not a joke about a newspaper or a sunburnt Zebra [], its about Photoshopping pictures so they are B&W and Colour.

Love it or hate it? Well I love it, I think It can turn a average picture into a quirky or striking one, here's a few of mine, anyone else out there got any?

Re: Black and White.....and Red all over

Very Creative.... Well Done Mate. [H]

I tried to do the same as you did with above pic's, but no success. The best I could do was this. [8-|]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x720/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2061.IMG_5F00_5454_2D00_2-1080ev-cp.jpg[/img]

Wally

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

I really like this! Although my application of the effect isn't as good as yours here's a few of mine ...

I can't wait until I get PS!

Denise

Denise, thoese pics are great, love the squirrel,

Wally, interesting effect there, how did you get those lines?

Denise Your Pic's Are Magic....[H] You are becoming a REAL Artist in Post. Well Done [Y]

Abe: I did the Light Rays in Corel, but could not do it in BW, like yours and Denise. [8-|]

Wally

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

This is one of those shop tricks that always pleases people for whom you take photos. I like the film strip style with the baby, and you are brave to have taken that shot from the Bike. Denise, the squirrel shot is hilarious! Did you feed that little guy or did he rob the trash/trees.

I haven't done a lot of this kind of editing, but one from a friends wedding is below, fun topic, you all!.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/533x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2158.IMG_5F00_8443_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Thanks guys!!

Dave - That shot of the bride is awesome! Geez, I wish I was into photography when my daughter got married! Using everything I

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0160.IMG_5F00_5216-BW-web.JPG[/img]

20mm, f/16, ISO 100, 1/25s

This is one of the only ones like this I've ever done. Painstaking! There must be an easier way to do this, cause back when I edited this, it took forever!

Taken at an abandoned cement plant outside Lime, OR.

alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

What a great thread!

These are all awesome and I would love to learn how to do these!

Rich

Dead easy, (in photoshop anyway), all I do is get the pic, make a copy of it in a new layer, make this new layer B&W by removing all the colour saturation, and then use the eraser tool to rub out the bits you want to be colour to reveal the colour layer below.

There are loads of variations tips and techniques, such as using paintbrush tool and layer masks, different eraser pressures, etc.etc, but the basic principals are, well, basic!

In fact,the best tip i can give for photoshopping things is You Tube - type in what youwant to do and someone will have posted a tutorial, this was the first one that came up when i just did exactly that;

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COjBtg--HrY]

explained how to do it with a layermask! Millions of times easier than Help Files IMO. I always use you tube now, haven