Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broke my lens

broke my lens

50mm f1.4 no more autofocus not even on manual hopefully i can go get it fixed at canon irvine i am soooo sad!

Re: broke my lens

Thats a real pain in the a**. Its a super little lens and you are going to miss it[]

That is not cool.

Same thing happened to my 24 1.4L once. I dropped on carpet from waste high landed on it's side, no glass was damaged but the USM and the mount ring were busted. Canon fixed for free, it was under a year old. I was lucky. They did the repair pretty quick too.

I've banged up all my lenses pretty good and they keep shooting fine. I dropped the 50mm f/1.4 just 1.5 feet onto the carpet and it stopped focusing (same as yours: manual and auto both broke). After $100 and a trip to irvine it's back to working order, but now I am very careful to baby the 50mm f/1.4.

how much did it cost exactly? coz i need to go get mine repaired asap!

I dropped my 16-35 a couple times, and I later noticed that when it autofocused in one direction, the ultrasonic motor wasn't so ultrasonic. It whined a lot.

I sent it in, they found something bent, and then fixed it under warranty.

My experience with their service department, so far, has been very, very good. Kudos to those guys, even if sometimes they need a talking to []

The Irvine guys are great. I took my 70-200 f/2.8 IS there because the manual focus broke. They fixed it for $90. (And, as a major bonus, while I was in Irvine I stopped off at whole foods and got some le chevrot, some truffle tremor, and a bottle of chateau la grange... mmmm.... too bad there is no decent cheese to be had in the inland empire. )

ahah what a great story so im expecting to have good service at irvine from what you guys are saying hopefully they do the repair for free but I still want to know what it will cost me.

i broke mine too, but it was just a few day after i bought it, it's a really fragile lens, my 2nd lens i keep a hood on it always, most people who breaks the autofocus or manual focus accidently dropped or bump the frontal portion of the lens .. where it extrudes..

UPDATE: I took my lens in to Canon Service Center. Theyre already shipping it back today after 3 days. Im very happy with their service.