Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 Issues

Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 Issues

Being an early adapter leads to problems sometimes - I unfortunately installed both of these updates on the same day. []

Here is a bulletin from our forum software company:

<h3 class="post-name"]Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 Bulletin</h3>
    <div class="post-author"]In recent weeks, Mozilla and Microsoft announced the availability of their newest browsers. On March 9, 2011, [url="http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2011/03/09/mozilla-firefox-4-release-candidate-for-windows-mac-and-linux-now-available/]Mozilla[/url]announced the Firefox 4 release candidate for Windows, Mac and Linux. On March 14, 2011, [url="http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2011/mar11/03-14IE9RTWPR.mspx]Microsoft Corp.[/url] announced global availability of Windows Internet Explorer 9.</div>
    <div class="post-content user-defined-markup"]

As a social community software company, we understand our customers' desire to move to the latest and greatest innovations in technology; however, we also want to make sure that we fully test these innovations before recommending them for use with the Telligent Evolution platform. Our product development team is in the process of evaluating Internet Explorer 9, and we will provide support for it in our May hotfix for Telligent Evolution. Although not recommended, customers can run Internet Explorer 9 now in compatibility mode. Instructions for doing so can be found here.

Early testing of the release candidate for Firefox 4 did not result in any significant issues; however, Telligent will not evaluate it as a candidate for support until its development is complete and we test the final version. As a reminder, the Telligent Evolution platform provides broad support for multiple browsers including Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3. A full list of recommended and supported browsers can be found here.
    </div>

My apologies for the inconvenience - I'll try to resolve the related problems when that update becomes available. This post is being made via Chrome - it appears to work properly.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 Issues

I

I have been using chrome since it came out.... no problems here.... Google is going to own the world.... maybe.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Thanks for the feedback - glad you are not having problems. I

Hi Bryan...

I
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston

I have been using chrome since it came out.... no problems here.... Google is going to own the world.... maybe.

Safari 5 is fine, too. So I guess Google will have to split the world with Apple. Oh, wait...I think thay already have!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan

Thanks for the feedback - glad you are not having problems. I'm having strange text-editing and mouse-related issues in both IE 9 and FF 4.

I checked out IE 9 and noticed a few minor issues but didn't think anything of it.
    I
    noticed some mouse issues before upgrading to FF4. E.g. the cursor
    would disappear or move to the top. Additionally, you can't cut and past
    with a click of the mouse, or correct your spelling.

One thing that has been more of an issue is that I can only post
    replies to a thread when I use rich formatting. Otherwise when I click
    reply, I'll get the text window to enter my text but no Post button.

FYI, Any compatibility problems they might have with Tangent and the
    Community Server are mild compared to another forum I use that also
    uses Community Server. (astronomy.com).

Chrome here, too. No problems. :knocking on wood:

Bryan,

Issues still exist in IE9 in compatibility mode? I know what you
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Just a quick resource for you.. the MSDN.com website (microsoft developers network) The IE team has a blog that they
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers