Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!

  1. #11
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto





    the 7D is out of stock. I guess you can't get a new 7D for $1700 anywhere in the US right now. the cheapest price I can find is about $1900 on a ebay store which I trust. I think it's a good time to sell.



    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>


    OneCall.com has the 7D listed for $1699 and free shipping. Even if it's not in stock at the moment, it's still available at the listed price. A short wait to get one wouldn't be a big deal to me. I'd be out taking pictures with a previous gen camera in the meantime.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    293

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    I
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

    “There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    758

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Alan


    Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto





    the 7D is out of stock. I guess you can't get a new 7D for $1700 anywhere in the US right now. the cheapest price I can find is about $1900 on a ebay store which I trust. I think it's a good time to sell.



    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>


    OneCall.com has the 7D listed for $1699 and free shipping. Even if it's not in stock at the moment, it's still available at the listed price. A short wait to get one wouldn't be a big deal to me. I'd be out taking pictures with a previous gen camera in the meantime.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>


    yes Alan, you are right. Amazon is selling their 7D for $1700 but out of stock too. the thing is that how long is it going to take to back to normal.and ordering at $1700 and wait is not a good idea anyway, because when the supply back to normal, the price should be a lot less then $1700. if you can sell your used 7D for about $1350 now, you probably can buy it back brand new for the same price in few months when the supply chain back to normal. just my 2 cents.



  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    233

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    it's been super busy

    Glad to hear that is all. I can relate to that, that is why I only get to check in every couple of days or so.


    Chris

  5. #15
    Senior Member neuroanatomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,716

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    FWIW, Amazon has the 5DII (body only) back in stock, so there is some movement in the supply chain. Also, depending on your ability to wait, I notice that Amazon is offering the 7D + 28-135mm kit for $1699, although it's out of stock. Still, if you order it at that price, you'll get it at that price, which the same price listed for the (also out of stock) 7D body only! Granted, it's not an ideal lens - but assuming you don't need it, you could sell it on CL, FM, or eBay and effectively knock ~$200 off the price of the 7D (bringing it down to the pre-shortage price, I suppose).

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    758

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    this thing is changing fast like the stock market, just checked the price, the 7D(new) is selling for $1750 on ebay, how much will it be tomorrow?

  7. #17
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto


    this thing is changing fast like the stock market, just checked the price, the 7D(new) is selling for $1750 on ebay, how much will it be tomorrow?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>


    Tomorrow is here, and the 7D (new) is back on B&amp;H's list at the same, old price it's always been.


    Bryan has the details on the "News."

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    758

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    Tomorrow is here, and the 7D (new) is back on B&amp;H's list at the same, old price it's always been.

    Alan, for people who must buy from B&amp;H and Adaroma, you are probably right if the price is without rebate, I'm not sure if it is always been though. I usually go with ebay, I remember it was about $1450 for a new 7D pre-earthquake. but today, they still selling for $1750 which is higher than the B&amp;H, I expect they will lower their price if the supply chain is back to normal completely.just 2 cents.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    1,345

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    I remember it was about $1450 for a new 7D pre-earthquake

    Briefly. Yes. Check out the price history graph at Canon Price Watch. It also shows that we're still $100 above the typical pre-quake pricing.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    1DsII | 7D | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 18-135mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L

  10. #20
    Senior Member neuroanatomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,716

    Re: Anyone look at camera prices lately!? WOW!!!



    Here's the recent price history for the 7D:





    EDIT: Scooped by Dave's link.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •