Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you shoot?

How much do you shoot?

Just wondering how many shots per week people around here typically take.

[poll]

Personally, I'm in the 251-500 category - dividing the sequential filenames by how long I've had each camera, my average of 425 shots/week breaks down like this:
    • 5DII - 210 shots/week
    • 7D - 180 shots/week
    • S95 - 35 shots/week

That's overall, and averaged over a period of up to a year (for the 7D). With a more granular look, though, I used mostly the 5DII over winter, but now that the weather is nicer, I'm shooting with both bodies again.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

Re: How much do you shoot?

Personally for me it varies a lot, generally in the summer I have a lot more photo opportunities and time and so I shoot way more than I do in the winter. Of course that's no surprise considering wildlife is my main subject.

I also get on photography kicks where I constantly want to be photographing, so those times there are way more photos taken than normal too

I think another good question to ask would be, when you go out specifically to photograph how many shots do you take? I may not photograph anything for a week but then I will go out and take 300 pictures in a day.

Well, I fired off over 3000 clicks in a month but got to keep less than a 100. There was a lot of burst in there and just playing around. But in the spring/summer time between 100-300 shotsa month too keep.After that not too many.

John.

At 10fps with the 1D IV in about 1 minutes of shooting that would be 600fmp of shooting. So I think I shoot far more now with the 1D IV than I did with the 5D II.

I think the keeper rate is more important than the total taken.

Based on this year's statistics, my weekly average is 71. Roughly 50% of picturesare taken with my XSi, just because I carry it with me most of the time.My 5DII is in use about 30% and the 7D 20%.

These numbersand ratios may changeas the weather gets warmer.

Over the last couple of years, my average has been just over 100 shots per week, of which about 10% are keepers.

As others have commented, the average is not representative. Sometimes I'll head out somewhere with high expectations and never remove the lens cap because the light isn't right, but show me a baby penguin in the wild and I won't take my finger off the shutter release all day.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 05:14 PM.

212 pictures per week. But I am just getting warmed up

Time Lapses skew me, though I may not even shoot every week, some weeks I can shoot in excess of 5000 actuations.

My shooting is really weather dependent so I

Mason has been telling me to "Daddy, put the camera, down!!", so between my few paid shoots, and a few outings on the weekends, and my wife telling me, "Honey, get off the computer!!", I