Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1D Mark V

1D Mark V

Im completely skeptical about what I have been hearing about this body coming out in later 2011 however, I wanted to make a post to see what my friends on The DP thought about this. When do you speculate it coming out? A lot has been floating around since the 1D Mark III released in 07 and the 1D Mark IV in 09 this is obviously the basis for a 1D Mark V in 11.

So let me know what you think.

Re: 1D Mark V

#1 I

I don't think it's going to be released this year, the 1Ds IV is not released yet and with this tsunami and earthquake in Japan it's going to be delayed even further. Mabye if the 1Ds IV was out and about and without this disaster in Japan the three year life cycle might hold some water.

My $0.02,

John.

Edit. Denise beat me to it![]

well If you read Canons report on the earthquake they are almost up and running and are expected to be 100% by April 15th

I would think they are going to need to play catch-up for awhile on existing orders. Plus, once a new product is announced ...it still takes quite before it actually hits the market.

IMO, I still wouldn

Keep in mind the cultural tendancy toward understatement, and note that they stated, "With regard to the multiple operation sites and Canon Group companies in Japan that sustained no direct damage due to the earthquake and its aftermath, the Company is left with no alternative but to continue adjusting some production activities due to rolling blackouts and procurement conditions for raw materials, parts and other supplies."

Thats why I said it

Unless Nikon will announce something this year, I don

Sure it

The 1D IV is a year and half old. Were not going to see a 1D V for some time. Of the 5D, 7D and 1Ds the 1D IV is the newest body. Its going to be a while.